GENERAL DEMANDS OF CG EMPLOYEES & PENSIONERS FOR SEVENTH CPC FOR CONSIDERATION OF JCM STAFF SIDE & GS AIRF
1. Improved Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) – with a financial upgrading after every 8 years of service – with consequential benefits of higher Grades – to provide adequate motivation and to ensure optimum efficiency.
2. MACP on promotional hierarchy instead of Grade Pay hierarchy as per judgment of various Courts.
3. Treatment of Dearness Allowance as Pay whenever the Cost of Living Index exceeds 50% over the Base Index at which the Pay Scales are prescribed and may please be counted for all purposes – including for calculation of all Allowances and Retirement Benefits etc.
4. Periodical revision of H.R.A. to compensate for rise of Rents.
5. Counting of D.A. for grant of H.R.A or D.A. be treated as D.P. after (every) rise of 50% of Price Index to compensate for escalation of Rents.
6. Reduction in Rate of Interest on House Building Advance (HBA) – to 4% to 5% as in the Financial Institutions and Public Undertakings like Banks and LIC etc.
7. Increase of Amount of HBA periodically to keep pace with rise of cost of land and construction.
8. Reduction in Rents for Government accommodation – which have been substantially increased over the years, putting the employees in great hardship. Raising Rent for Railway Quarters should be stopped specially for the over 30 years old houses for which the Government had already recovered the cost many times over.
9. Increase in Housing satisfaction level to atleast 50% in case of Non-Technical Staff and 100% in case of Technical Staff and Engineers – keeping in view exigencies of their service.
10. Rural Area and Sub-Mountainous Area Compensatory Allowance be paid as available in some of the States to the Employees posted in such areas respectively to compensate for higher cost of living in these areas on account of inadequate transportation and infrastructural facilities and increased dependency on urbanized areas due to change of Socio-Economic conditions.
11. Disturbed Area Allowance: Disturbed Area Compensatory Allowance be paid to Employees posted in areas which are disturbed due to unstable Law and Order situation, terrorist activities or intense Army / Police action to maintain the Law and Order etc.
12. Special / Additional Insurance Cover for the Employees posted in Disturbed / Border areas.
13. Over Time Allowance for actual number of extra hours put in due to exigency of work, be allowed, irrespective of the category or pay range – both under the Factories Act and the Hours of Employment Regulations etc.
14. Removal of limits of admissibility for National Holiday Allowance, All the employees be allowed the N.H.A as and when they are essentially required to attend to the work on National Holidays, due to exigencies of work and to keep the trains and systems running.
15. Rates of TA / DA and Mileage / Conveyance Allowance be adequately enhanced and the same be linked with Price Index and Dearness Allowance should be counted for determining the rates of TA / DA admissible to the Employees on tour – Periodic revision of TA/DA.
16. Grant of adequate FMA (Fixed Medical Allowance) to at least Rs.2500 PM as per average expences per patient per month on OPD Treatment under CGHS and periodical revision thereof for day-to-day Medical Treatment to employees & Pensioners posted & residing in far flung areas – away from CGHS Dispansories & Railway Hospitals.