Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective from 01.07.2023
Effective from 01.07.2023, the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) will receive an increment in their Dearness Allowance. This allowance, which is a financial benefit provided to the GDS, is a means of recognizing their hard work and dedication in serving rural areas. This increase in Dearness Allowance aims to improve the financial well-being of the GDS and acknowledge their contribution to the postal service in remote regions.
Government of India
Ministry of Communication
Department of Posts
(Establishment Division)/P.A.P. Section
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi — 110 001.
Dated: 1st November, 2023.
All Chief Postmasters General/ Postmasters General
Chief General Manager, BD Dte/Parcel Dte/ PLI Directorate
Director RAKNPA/ GM CEPT/ Directors of All PTCs,
Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
All General Managers (Finance)/ DAP/ DDAP
Sub: Payment of Dearness Allowance to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) effective from 01.07.2023 onwards -reg.
Consequent upon grant of another installment of Dearness Allowance with effect from 1st July, 2023 to the Central Government Employees vide Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure’s O.M. No.1/4/2023-E-II (B) dated 20.10.2023, duly endorsed vide this Department’s letters No. PP-8/2/2021-PAP dated 23.10.2023, the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) have also become entitled to the payment of Dearness Allowances on basic TRCA at the same rates as applicable to Central Government Employees with effect from 01.07.2023. It has, therefore, been decided that the Dearness Allowance payable to the Gramin Dak Sevaks shall be at the same rates as payable to Central Government Employees, i.e., @ 46% (percent) with effect from the 1st July, 2023.
2. The expenditure on this account shall be debited to the Head “Salaries” under the relevant head of account and should be met from the sanctioned grant.
3. This issues with the concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing vide their Diary No. 109/ 2023-24/FA-CS(P) dated 01.11.2023
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC/PAP)
- GDS July 2023 Dearness Allowance Order PDF
- 6th CPC Dearness Allowance – 230% from July 2023 to CG Employees!
- When will declare 46% DA to Central Govt Employees?
- Freezing of DA and DR: IRTSA appeal to credit the Additional DA to Provident Fund
- Release of Arrears of Dearness Allowance of 18 Months to CG Employees and Pensioners
- 38% DA to Armed Forces Officers and Personnel Below Officer Rank
- 38% DA from July 2022 to Central Government Employees Finmin Orders
- 5th CPC DA Order Jan 2022: 381% for CABs employees
- 6th CPC DA Order Jan 2022: 203% for CABs employees
- DA Order for GDS Employees from January 2022