CPAO has designed a unique format of special seal authority (SSA) for the processing of cases with regard to the discontinuation of FMA for Central Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Central Pension Accounting Office
Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Cama Place,
CPAO/IT&Tech/7th CPC Revision/19 Vol. III (E)/ 2022-23/128
Sub: Procedure for implementation of change of option by a Pensioner/Family Pensioner from FMA to CGHS (OPD) facility and vice-versa- reg.
Attention is invited to Department of Pension and Pensioner’s Welfare (DoP&PW) OM No. 4/05/2019-P&PW(D) dated 23 March 2022 wherein the revised procedure for implementation of option by a Pensioner/Family Pensioner from Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to CGHD (OPD) facility is laid down.
The Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO), in this regard, has designed a unique format of special seal authority (SSA) and updated its database for processing of cases with regard to discontinuation of FMA. Now, on receipt of intimation in FMA Form-4 from the Central Pension Processing Centre (CPPC) regarding stoppage of FMA to pensioner/family pensioner, CPAO will update its database and issue revision authority for necessary updation in records of Pay and Accounts Office.
In view of the above, all the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs/AGs are requested to issue instructions to PAOs under their control to make necessary changes in their record.
This issues with the approval of the Chief Controller (Pensions).
(Satish Kumar Garg)
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Check All FMA (CGHS) Updates:
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to CGHS (OPD) Facility Change Option Format August 5, 2022
- Grant of FMA to Central Government Civil Pensioners – PCDA Circular No.C-184 April 25, 2018
- Fixed Medical Allowance – MoD Orders February 26, 2018
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Central Government Civil Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS February 20, 2018
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Central Government Civil Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS February 2, 2018
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance to Armed Forces Pensioner/Family Pensions – Orders issued by MoD on 29.8.2017 August 30, 2017
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Railway Pensioners/Family Pensioners August 18, 2017
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the CG Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS July 19, 2017
- IRTSA requested to grant of Fixed Medical Allowance of Rs.2000 pm to all Pensioners December 16, 2015
- 7th Pay Commission report on Fixed Medical Allowance December 12, 2015
- Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare Orders regarding Fixed Medical Allowance on 5.5.2015 May 25, 2015
- Reimbursement of in-patient medical expenses in addition to Fixed Medical Allowance(FMA) to serving Government employees in remote areas February 14, 2015
- Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to Pensioners enhanced from Rs.300 to Rs.500: Pensioners Portal Order November 21, 2014
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance Rs.100 p.m. to Central Government pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS May 13, 2014
- Conditions to get FMA for serving as well as retired employees of the EPFO March 25, 2014
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF