Financial Assistance to Ex-Servicemen
Directorate General Resettlement imparts resettlement training to the retiring officer/ Ex-servicemen (Officers), JCOs / OR / Ex-servicemen JCOs/OR in various institutes Pan India. Details of Kendriya Sainik Board schemes for imparting education and skill development among Ex-servicemen along with financial assistance provided during the last three years and the current year are attached as under:-
|Grants||Amount (in Rs)|
|Education Grant: (upto two children)
(i) Boys/Girls uptoGraduation
(ii) Widows for PG(Pensioner/Non Pensioner upto Hav Rank) and upto two children
|Vocational Trg Grant For Widows:
(Pensioner/Non-Pen upto Hav Rank)(Skill development)
The year-wise details of total amount disbursed along with number of beneficiaries under Raksha Mantri’s Discretionary Fund (renamed as Raksha Mantri’s Ex-servicemen Welfare Fund) during the last three years and current year are attached as under:-
Main activities of KSB are attached as under:-
1. Organise and conduct the annual meeting of KSB, Dir/Secy Rajya Sainik Board (RSB), Management Committee of Armed Forces Flag Day Fund and periodic meetings of the Executive Committee of Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
2. Progressing implementation of the decisions taken with concerned agencies.
3. Provide policy directive to Deptts of Sainik Welfare in States/UTs on matters of welfare of Ex-servicemen (ESM).
4. Monitor and guide the Deptts of Sainik Welfare in the States in their functioning as per guidelines laid down by KSB / Ministry of Defence.
5. Provide budgetary support for establishment and maintenance costs of Deptts of Sainik Welfare and Zila Sainik Welfare Offices to States/UTs.
6. Administer Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF).
7. Deal with redressal and queries related to welfare of Ex-Servicemen and families of deceased service personnel.
8. Operate the Scheme for allotment of Medical, Dental and Engineering seats under Ministry of Defence quota.
9. Process grants through Defence Ministers Appellate Committee on Pension (DMACP) for Ex-Servicemen in penury.
10. Advise on the correct investment of the Amalgamated Fund by the RSBs of the States/UTs.
11. Operate the PM Scholarship Scheme- To support technical/professional education for wards of war widows (all ranks) and ESM/widows (JCOs/OR)
12. Operation of centrally sponsored schemes such as RMEWF (Raksha Mantri Ex-Servicemen Welfare Fund).
The above activities benefit the Ex-servicemen and their families by way of providing scholarships in helping to continue education, providing professional education, vocational training enabling them to get jobs, assisting in marriage of the daughters etc.
Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances is active. Grievances received through CPGRAMS as well as directly from the petitioners, including Ex-servicemen, are monitored and disposed off expeditiously and as far as possible within the laid down time limit.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to ShriInnocent and others in Lok Sabha today.
Source: PIB News
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF