Dearness Relief from July 2019
DoPPW Pensioners Portal Orders issued for 5% hike in Dearness Relief with effect from July 2019
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions issued an important office memorandum today regarding 5% increase in Dearness Relief for Central Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners with effect from July 2019. [Click to view the order]
Rate of Dearness Relief 17%
The rate of Dearness Relief to all CG Pensioners and Family Pensioners will be increased from 12% to 17% with effect from July 2019.
Cabinet Committee already approved 5% additional Dearness Allowance for Central Government employees and Finance Ministry also issued orders in this regard. Now, the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare issued an office memorandum on a hike 5% Dearness Relief to CG Pensioners with effect from July 2019.
As per the office memorandum, these rates of Dearness relief will be applicable to
- Civilian Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners including Central Govt. absorbee pensioners in PSU/ Autonomous Bodies in respect of whom orders have been issued vide this Department’s OM No.4/34/2002-P&PW(D)Vol.II dated 23.06.2017 for restoration of full pension after expiry of commutation period of 15 years
- The Armed Forces Pensioners, Civilian Pensioners paid out of the Defence Service Estimates,
- All India Service Pensioners
- Railway Pensioners/family pensioners
- Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension
- The Burma Civilian pensioners/family pensioners and pensioners/families of displaced Government Pensioners from Burma/ Pakistan, in respect of whom orders have been issued vide this Department’s OM No.23/3/2008-P&PW(B) dated 11.09.2017.
Dearness Relief Arrears
The revised rate of Dearness Relief is applicable from July 2019. The payment of arrears for 3 months from July to September will be paid as arrears as early as possible. And the pension for the month of October shall be paid with enhanced rate of Dearness Relief @ 17%.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF