Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers’ Grade than their juniors – OM No. 18/2/2007-CS-I dated 20.05.2014 – Writ Petitions filed in the matter
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
2nd Floor, A Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
New Delhi 110003, the 01st June, 2020
Subject: Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers’ Grade than their juniors – OM No. 18/2/2007-CS-I dated 20.05.2014 – Writ Petitions filed in the matter – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even number dated 01.07.2019 wherein instructions, for dealing with stepping up of pay cases consequent to directions of Hon’ble High Court of Delhi vide their interim orders in various Writ Petitions filed in the matter, were issued.
2. In this connection it is reiterated that the pay of the petitioners and similarly placed non-petitioners is to be restored only if they submit the ‘Affidavit of Undertaking’ as directed by the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi in the format attached with this Department’s OM under reference.
3. As regards the manner in which the pay is to be restored, it is clarified that the pay of the petitioners and non-petitioners, who submit the affidavit of undertaking in the prescribed format, may be restored notionally from the date with effect from which the stepping up of pay was granted earlier and regularly from the date of submission of the affidavit of undertaking as directed by Hon’ble High Court of Delhi subject to the outcome of the Writ Petitions or orders of any competent court in related matters.
4. If an officer, whose pay has been restored in accordance with the above instructions, superannuates or retires voluntarily, his/ her case may be dealt as per the provisions of CCS (Pension) Rules 1972 relating to provisional pension, payment of gratuity etc.
5. This issues in consultation with Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their ID No. 1(5)E-H1(A)/96 dated 27.05.2020 (eFTS 1377323).
(P Bairagi Sahu)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Click to view all Dopt Orders 2020
Dopt orders on Stepping up pay:
- Inconsistency in Pay Consequent to implementation of 7th CPC recommendations to Railway HAG Level Officers June 16, 2020
- Stepping up of pay of senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers – Dopt order dated 1.6.2020 June 2, 2020
- Stepping up of Pay of Senior Assistants of CSS Drawing Less Pay on Promotion October 18, 2019
- Stepping Up of Pay-Consolidated Guidelines – Dopt Orders dated 26.10.2018 October 26, 2018
- Structure of Entry Pay in 6th CPC for Direct Recruits October 1, 2018
- Stepping up of Pay of Loco Inspectors – NFIR July 30, 2018
- Review of Pay fixation of DR ASOs appointed after 01.01.2006 February 6, 2018
- Stepping up of pay of senior of CSS promotion in the Officers’ Grade than juniors – DoPT November 8, 2017
- 7th CPC Stepping Up of Pay in Pay Matrix – Army Pay Rules, 2017 May 8, 2017
- 7th CPC Stepping Up of Pay in Pay Matrix – Air Force Pay Rules, 2017 May 8, 2017
- 7th CPC Stepping Up of Pay in Pay Matrix – Navy Pay Rules, 2017 May 8, 2017
- NFIR write to Railway Board to settle the issue of stepping up of pay of Seniors drawing less pay than the Juniors April 13, 2016
- Clarification regarding stepping up of pay of senior PAs of CSSS – Dopt Order August 28, 2015
- Stepping Up of Pay: DOPT Clarification orders issued on 25.5.2015 May 27, 2015
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply