Pongal Bonus TN Govt Employees & Teachers
Tamil Nadu is one of the most populous states in India and is known for its vibrant culture and traditions. Every year, the state government announces a bonus for its emloyees in the form of a Pongal bonus. This bonus is meant to provide financial relief to the people of Tamil Nadu and to help them celebrate the harvest festival of Pongal with joy. In this essay, we will discuss the details of the Tamil Nadu Pongal bonus and its impact on the people of the state. Today (26.12.2022) the State Government of Tamil Nadu issued a notification regarding the Pongal Gift for the employees working in the C and D Category employees and pensioners.
Pongal Bonus for TN ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group Employees
TN Pongal Bonus G.O. 2023 PDF Download
The State Government of Tamil Nadu will announce the Pongal Bonus for its employees in the month of Dec 2022! All TN State Government employees including pensioners will get the Pongal Bonus of Rs.3000 soon!
TN Pongal Bonus G.O. 2022 PDF Download
The State Government of Tamil Nadu issued orders for granting Pongal Bonus for its regular employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay, and Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1000 to full-time and Part-time employees paid from contingencies employees paid from Special time scale of pay for the accounting year 2020-2021. View the TN Pongal Bonus G.O.2022 PDF]
TN Ad-Hoc Bonus Order 2022
Tamil Nadu Ad-hoc Increase from January 2022 G.O.: The State Government of Tamil Nadu decided to increase the Ad-Hoc bonus for the employees drawing up to Rs. 2500 per month from Rs. 50 to Rs. 100 View revised Ad hoc bonus order
Diwali Bonus to Tamil Nadu Government Employees 2021 – Orders issued – PDF Download
Ahead of the Diwali festival, Chief Minister M.K. Stalin announced a;10% of Diwali festival bonus to all Group C and D employees working in public sector undertakings for this year 2021.
More than 2.8 Lakh eligible employees will get a bonus and Ex-Gratia amount of Rs. 8400 this year 2021. Click to download the detailed order in Tamil PDF
Pongal Bonus for TN Govt Employees 2021
Pongal Festival 2021 – Grant of Pongal Prize to ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group Pensioners/All Family Pensioners: Grant of Pongal Prize to ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group Pensioners/All Family Pensioners – TN Government Order Click to read more
Diwali Bonus for Tamil Nadu Government PSU Employees 2019
The State Government of Tamil Nadu announced through a press release on 15.10.2019 a Diwali Bonus for the year 2018-19. Click to read more
TN Chief Minister announcing bonus for State Public Sector and Board employees
The State Government of Tamil Nadu announced a Bonus to the employees today(Tuesday). In a press release, the Chief Minister said a bonus of 8.33% and Ex-Gratia of 11.67% would be disbursed to the employees of Public Sector Units that made profits during the corresponding year.
The eligible employees of PSUs would get a minimum of Rs.8400 and a maximum of Rs.16,800 as Diwali Bonus this year.
Pongal Bonus for TN State Govt Employees 2016
The State government of Tamil Nadu on Sunday announced a Pongal bonus for its employees, teachers, and pensioners. This will incur an additional expense of Rs. 326.85 crores to the government. [Click to read more]
Diwali Bonus for Central Govt Employees 2023
TN Pongal Bonus G.O. 2023 PDF Download
Tamil Nadu Pongal Bonus GO 373 for the year 2023: Ad-hoc Bonus for ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group Government employees
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms. No. 373, Dated: 26th December 2022.
(Subakiruthu, Margazhi-11, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2053)
Bonus – Payment of Ad-hoc Bonus and Special Ad-hoc Bonus for the Accounting Year 2021-2022 – Sanction – Orders – Issued.
Government has decided to grant Adhoc Bonus to celebrate harvest festival “Pongal” equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3,000 to all “C‟ and “D‟ Group regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay and Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1000/- to full time and Part time employees paid from contingencies, employees paid from Special time scale of pay for the accounting year 2021-2022.
2. Accordingly, Government direct that all “C” and “D” Group regular and temporary employees who are on regular time scales of pay, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including Teachers on regular time scales of pay in C and D Group be paid adhoc bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3,000/- for the accounting year 2021-2022.
3. Government also direct that, Special Ad hoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- be paid to full-time and part-time employees paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates, employees on consolidated pay/special time scale of pay including employees in Nutritious Meal Programme/ Integrated Child Development Service (ICDS) Scheme (Anganwadi Workers /Mini Anganwadi Workers), Village Assistants, employees on daily wages and the employees partly worked on daily wages and subsequently brought under regular establishment and worked continuously for atleast 240 days or more during the accounting year 2021-2022.
4. The Ad-hoc Bonus shall be computed on the basis of actual emoluments as on 31st March 2022. The amount of ad-hoc bonus shall be calculated as if monthly emoluments were Rs.3,000/- per month. In respect of those drawing pay in the pre-revised, revised scales of pay, the calculation of Ad-hoc bonus shall be based on the emoluments drawn subject to the upper ceiling limit of Rs.3,000/- per month.
5. The Ad-hoc Bonus/Special Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned above shall be admissible subject to the conditions prescribed in the Annexure to this order.
6. The expenditure on Ad-hoc Bonus/Special Ad-hoc Bonus shall be debited to the sub-detailed head “04. Other Allowances” under the detailed head “301. Salaries” or the detailed head “302. Wages” as the case may be, under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
[G.O.Ms.No.373, Finance (Allowances) Department, Dated: 26-12-2022]
(i) The emoluments for purposes of Ad-hoc Bonus under these orders shall be worked out on the basis of basic pay/ personal pay and dearness allowance as on 31st March, 2022. The eligible Government servants of C and D Group shall be as ordered in G.O.Ms.No.21, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (A) Department, Dated: 05-03-2019.
(ii) The employees who were in service on 31st March 2022 and have rendered a full year of service from 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 shall be eligible for the full amount of Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned in this Order at the rate of 30/30 days of emoluments.
(iii) The employees who have rendered service of six months and above, but less than a year during 2021-2022 shall be eligible for proportionate amount of Ad-hoc Bonus. For the purpose of this rule, period less than 15 days shall be ignored and fifteen days and above shall be treated as a full month of service.
(iv) The Ad-hoc Bonus shall be rounded to the nearest rupee, i.e., fraction of 50 paise and above shall be rounded to the next higher rupee and fraction below 50 paise shall be ignored.
(v) The period of service for the purpose of computing Ad-hoc Bonus shall include all leave other than the extraordinary leave without Allowances. In the case of employees who were on extraordinary leave without allowances, Half Pay, Study Leave without pay during the month of March 2022, the Ad-hoc Bonus shall be determined based on the emoluments last drawn before proceeding on leave.
(vi) In the case of employees under suspension at any time, during 2021 – 2022 Subsistence allowances paid during suspension shall not be treated as emoluments. Such an employee may be paid Ad-hoc Bonus, Special Ad-hoc Bonus as and when the period of suspension is treated as duty. In other cases, the period of suspension shall be excluded for the purpose of Ad-hoc Bonus/Special Ad-hoc bonus. In the case of suspension, if any, after 31st March 2022 there shall be no bar for the payment of Ad-hoc Bonus, Special Ad-hoc Bonus.
(vii) Employees who retired on superannuation, Voluntary retirement, died in harness, invalidated from service, etc., prior to 31st March 2022 are eligible for Ad-hoc Bonus, Special Ad-hoc Bonus on the basis of actual service, subject to provision in para (iii) above.
(viii) Superannuated employees who were re-employed are eligible for Ad-hoc Bonus, Special Ad-hoc Bonus provided the period of service prior to and after re-employment taken together is not less than six months, subject to provision in para (ii) and (iii) above. In such cases, the eligibility period has to be worked out separately for the period prior to and after re-employment. The total amount admissible, for the period prior to superannuation and for the period after re-employment shall be restricted to the maximum admissible Ad-hoc Bonus, Special Ad-hoc Bonus; and
(ix) Employees who have rendered service of six months and above in Group “C‟ are eligible for proportionate Ad-hoc Bonus only. If an employee rendered less than six months of service in Group “C‟ and more than six months in Group “B‟, he shall not be eligible for Ad-hoc Bonus.
Click to view TN Pongal 2023 GO PDF Download
Bonus for Govt Employees’ Latest News
- PLB Bonus order 2021: EME and IAF Civilian Employees November 10, 2021
- PLB Bonus for Railway Employees 2021 – Orders issued October 10, 2021
- Diwali Bonus for Postal Employees 2020 October 23, 2020
- Non-Productivity Linked Bonus for Central Government Employees 2020 October 16, 2020
- Diwali Bonus for Central Government Employees 2020 October 14, 2020
- 74 Days Productivity Linked Bonus for Railway Employees! October 14, 2020
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to the Railway employees: Removal of ceiling for payment of PLB August 13, 2020
- PLR for Major Port Trusts and Dock Labour Board Employees January 30, 2020
- Diwali Bonus for Rajasthan Govt Employees for the FY 2018-19 – Orders issued October 19, 2019
- Diwali Bonus for TN Govt PSU Employees 2019 October 16, 2019
- Diwali Bonus for Central Government Employees 2019 – 60 Days Bonus for Postal Employees October 12, 2019
- Bonus for Central Para Military Forces and Armed Forces – 7th Pay Commission Latest News 2019 October 5, 2019
- Bonus Amount for Central Government Employees – 7th Pay Commission Latest News 2019 October 5, 2019
- Diwali Bonus for CG Employees 2019 – Clarification for 14 Points October 5, 2019
- Non-PLB Bonus to CG Employees for 2018-19: Orders issued October 4, 2019
- Centre Announces Ad-hoc Bonus 2019 for CG Employees – Non PLB 30 Days Rs. 6908 October 4, 2019
- Cabinet approves Payment of PLB to railway employees for the FY 2018-19 September 19, 2019
- Railway Bonus 2019: Payment of PLB before Dussehra Puja Holidays – NFIR September 3, 2019
- GDS Diwali Bonus 2016-2017 September 19, 2017
- Grant of Non-Productivity Linked Bonus (Ad-hoc Bonus) to the CG Employees for the year 2016-17 September 19, 2017
- NFPE requests to issue Bonus before Durga Puja September 18, 2017
- Bank Staff – Payment of Bonus – As per Bonus (Amendment), Act 2015, For the Year 2016-17 August 24, 2017
- Grant of ad-hoc bonus for 30 days to Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ RPF/RPSF Personnel October 27, 2016
- PLB to Railway staff will be disbursed before Pooja Festival September 26, 2016
- Ad-hoc bonus for 30 days to the Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ RPF/RPSF personnel for the financial year 2014-2015 September 17, 2016
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus to all eligible non-gazetted Railway employees for the financial year 2014-2015 September 17, 2016
- Enhancement of Bonus Ceiling for CG Employees – Finmin issued Orders on 29.8.2016 August 30, 2016
- Productivity Linked Bonus 7000 per month along with arrear – AIRF August 8, 2016
- NFIR writes to Railway Board on Amendment of wage calculation limit from 3500 to 7000 March 8, 2016
- Central Government Rejected Demand for Raising of Bonus Ceiling March 1, 2016
- Highly disappointing Rail Budget – NFIR February 25, 2016
- Raising of Bonus Payment Ceiling to the Central Government Employees – NC JCM Staff Side January 13, 2016
- Changes in the Payment of Bonus Act will benefit thousands of CG employees January 8, 2016
- Payment of Bonus Act Amendment Gazette Notification January 4, 2016
- Pongal Bonus for TN State Govt Employees January 4, 2016
- Payment of Bonus Act & PLB to Railway Employees – A Brief Note By KV Ramesh December 28, 2015
- AIRF has demanded Payment of Arrear of Productivity Linked Bonus paid to Railwaymen December 24, 2015
- Bonus Arrears to be Paid on Account of Increase in Calculation Ceiling with Effect from April 2014 December 23, 2015
- Bonus calculation ceiling revised from April 2014 – Arrears of bonus likely! December 23, 2015
- Lok Sabha during next week will take up the Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015 – PIB Report December 20, 2015
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations on Bonus Schemes December 9, 2015
- Proposal to increase the ceiling of Bonus – Minister replied in Parliament December 8, 2015
- Bonus orders for RPF/RPSF personnel in Railways November 4, 2015
- Bonus orders 2015 – Ad-hoc Bonus for Rajasthan Govt Employees October 30, 2015
- Ad-hoc Bonus orders for the employees working in various autonomous organizations October 28, 2015
- Payment of Productivity Linked Bonus at revised calculation of Rs. 7000 – NFIR writes to Railway Minister October 24, 2015
- Government approves hike in bonus ceiling from Rs. 3500 to Rs 7000 October 22, 2015
- Bonus Orders 2015 : Grant of Ad-hoc Bonus to Central Government Employees for the year 2014-15 October 16, 2015
- Bonus 2015: Advance against bonus admissible for ESIC Employees October 16, 2015
- Bonus Orders 2015 : Adhoc Bonus Orders for Central Government employees October 12, 2015
- Bonus Ceiling : Revision of eligibility and calculation ceilings are expected after Bihar Elections October 10, 2015
Leave a Reply