Withdrawal of this office Circular No.197 dated 10.01.2018 ‐ Identification, verification of additional documents produced by Defence Forces pensioners in absence of Aadhaar number
Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension)
Circular No ‐ 212
1. The Chief Accountant, RBI Deptt. of Govt. Bank Accounts, Central office C‐7, Second Floor, Bandre‐ Kurla Complex, P B No. 8143, Bandre East Mumbai‐400051
2. The Director of Treasuries of all state …
3. The Manger CPPC of Public Sector Banks including IDBI
4. The CDA (PD) Meerut …
5. The CDA‐Chennai ….
6. The Nodal Officers (ICICI/ AXIS/HDFC Bank) …
7. The Pay & Accounts Officers …
8. Military and Air Attache, Indian Embassy Kathmandu, Nepal.
9. The DPDO …
10. The Post Master Kathua
Sub: Withdrawal of this office Circular No.197 dated 10.01.2018 ‐ Identification / verification of additional documents produced by Defence Forces pensioners in absence of Aadhaar number.
Ref: This office Circular No. 197 dated 10.01.2018.
Please refer Govt. of India Ministry of Defence, Department of Ex‐Servicemen Welfare Notification No. 14(2)/2014/D (P/P)(Part‐I) dated 03.03.2017 circulated vide this office Circular No. 197 dated 10.01.2018 under which direction was issued that consequent upon introduction of Aadhaar Act‐2016, an individual eligible to receive pensionary benefits is required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
Now, Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence (Department of Ex‐ Servicemen Welfare) has withdrawn the above Notification No. 14(2)/2014/D (P/P)(Part‐I) dated 03.03.2017 vide GoI, MoD Notification No 14(2)/2014/D/(Pen/Pol)(Part‐ I) dated 3rd March, 2020 (copy attachaed) received under Office Memorandum No. 14(2)/2014/D/(Pen/Pol)(Part‐ I) dated 11th March 2020 (copy attacheded). Accordingly, this office Circular No. 197 dated 10.01.2018 is withdrawn herewith with immediate effect.