The Minister of State for Education Dr Subhas Sarkar replied to the questions in the Parliment on 15th March 2023 regarding the UGC Pay Commission for Teachers in Universities and Colleges.
The Ministry of Education released a scheme for the revision of pay scales of teachers and equivalent cadres in universities and colleges, and gave financial assistance to State Governments who adopted it. Nine states received Rs. 2351 crores under this scheme. The Central Government reimburses 50% of additional financial implications due to the implementation of the scheme. Kerala did not submit a complete proposal within the given timeline, and therefore did not receive the central share of reimbursement. The scheme has been closed from 01.04.2022.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HIGHER EDUCATION
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-1646
ANSWERED ON- 15/03/2023
IMPLEMENTATION OF RECOMMENDATION OF 7TH UGC PAY COMMISSION
1646 SMT. JEBI MATHER HISHAM:
Will the Minister of EDUCATION be pleased to state:
(a) names of the States which are yet to implement the recommendations contained in the 7th UGC Pay Commission of 2016;
(b) the number of years upto which Central Government Grant is being provided to the States for implementing the recommendations of UGC Pay Commission;
(c) how much amount has been given to Government of Kerala as Grant since 2016 till date; and
(d) whether there is any arrear amount in respect of Central Government Grants to be given to Government of Kerala, if so, the details of arrear amount?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION (DR. SUBHAS SARKAR)
(a): After taking into consideration the recommendations made by the Pay Review Committee of University Grants Commission (UGC), this Ministry formulated and circulated the scheme of revision of pay scales of teachers and equivalent cadres in universities and colleges on 02.11.2017 and 08.11.2017, for adoption by the State Governments. As per the guidelines of the scheme, the adoption of the scheme by the State Governments was optional. This Ministry has released an amount of Rs.2351 Crores to 9 States who have implemented the scheme and submitted complete proposal within given timeline.
(b): Under the said scheme, the Central Government provides financial assistance, by way of reimbursement, to State Government, to the extent of 50% of additional financial implication for the period from 01.01.2016 to 31.03.2019, due to implementation of the scheme.
(c) & (d): The reimbursement of 50% central share is subject to implementation of the scheme along with the conditions stipulated in the guidelines of the scheme. The proposal from the State Government of Kerala was received in this Ministry, however, the same was not complete, as per the scheme’s guidelines. The last date for submission of complete proposal by the State Governments was 31.03.2022 and all States, including Kerala, were asked to submit complete proposal as per the scheme’s guidelines to this Ministry on or before 31.03.2022. Since the complete proposal was not received from the State Government of Kerala on or before the last date of the scheme i.e. 31.03.2022, central share could not be released to the State Government of Kerala. The scheme of reimbursement of central share to the State Government has been closed with effect from 01.04.2022.
Source: Lok Sabha Q&A
- UGC Pay Scale as per 7th Pay Commission
- 7th CPC Pay Calculator for Teachers in Universities and Colleges
- 7th CPC Revised UGC pay scales to the Teachers, Civilian Academic Officer of NDA, Khadakwasla and ACC Wing, IMA
- Concordance Pension Table for Retired Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of University and college
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) Clarification on 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers of Technical
- Precautions to be taken in light of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – MoHFW Order
- Revision of UGC Pay Scale from 1.1.2020 in West Bengal
- Revised rates of Honorarium of Guest Faculty in Universities and Colleges
- Revision of Allowances as per 7th CPC to University and College Teachers
- 7th CPC to Teachers and Academic Staff of Technical Institutes
- 7th CPC Arrears: 30% of Arrears for Non-Teaching Staff of Central Universities
- Implementation of Reservation Policy – UGC
- TA and Sitting Fee Payable to Official and Non-Official Members/Experts – UGC
- 7th CPC: Scheme of Revision of Pay of Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges
- 7th CPC Pay for Teachers and Equivalent Academic Staff in Universities/Colleges – Cabinet Approval
- Pay Revision of Academic Staff of Universities and Colleges
Leave a Reply