Pass and PTO in Digitized and Electronic mode – Amendment in Indian Railway Pass Rules
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 21.02.2020
The General Managers (Personnel & Commercial)
All Zonal Railways & Productions Units.
Sub: Amendment in the Railway Servants (Pass) Rules 1986 (Second Edition-1993) (RSPR-1986] to provide for issuance of Passes/PTOs in digitized/ electronic mode.
In order to enable issuance of all kinds of Passes/PTOs to Railway Servants as well as to non-Railway Servants (wherever applicable) in digitized /electronic mode, it has been decided with the approval of the Competent Authority to amend Rule 4 of the RSPR-1986. Accordingly, Rule 4 of RSPR-1986 is hereby substituted as per following:-
Also check: Railway Board orders on entitlement of Pass and PTO after implementation 7th CPC
4. Kinds of Passes:
(1) A railway servant or the entitled members of his/her family and dependent relatives as defined in these Rules may be issued the following kinds of passes, namely:
- Duty Pass;
- Privilege Pass including passes while on deputation;
- School Pass;
- Post-Retirement Complimentary Pass;
- Widow Pass;
- Residential Card Pass; and
- Special Pass.
(2) The Passes specified in sub-rule (1) and PTOs may be issued in the form of:
- Metal Pass; or
- Card Pass; or
- Cheque Pass; or
- Electronic format as prescribed in relevant administrative instructions issued by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
(3) In case of passes (i.e. Complimentary etc.) being issued to non-Railway Servants, the form (i.e. Electronic/otherwise) shall be as prescribed in relevant administrative instructions issued by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
2. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Dy. Director Estt. (Welfare)-I
Leave a Reply