Ration Money Allowance (RMA) for all ranks the three Services (Army Navy Air Force) and Inter-Service Organizations
PBORs while serving with Inter Service Organisations / Units / Air OP flights / Squadrons who are entitled to draw ration money will be authorised ration allowance at rates notified from time to time on the basis of common ration scales as laid down in AI 18/76.
Revision of Ration Money Allowance (RMA) and Special Rate of Ration Allowance (SRA) in lieu of ration in kind for all Ranks of the three services (Army, Navy, Afr Force) Including officers and personnel of Inter service Organisations (ISOs) as below :–
|Financial Year||Ration Money Allowance (RMA) (Per man/day)||Special Rate of Ration Allowance (SRA) (Per man/ day)|
(promulgated earlier vide GOI letter dated 11.08.2016)
|2016-17||Rs. 113.67||Rs. 227.34|
|2017-18||Rs. 116.59||Rs. 233.18|
|2018-19||Rs. 117.29||Rs. 234.58|
*The Officer posted in Peace Area shall continue to draw RMA @ Rs.97.85 per officer w.e.f. 01.01.2016 to 31.03.2016.
2. The officers posted in peace area shall draw RMA as per rates indicated above. However, the officers who have already drawn ration in kind will not be entitled for RMA for/ upto that particular period.
3. The Special Rate of Ration Allowance (SRA) shall be claimed by all ranks, only under following circumstances, 45 per Para 1(c) of AI-28/90:-
- (i) When travelling by rail/road on leave.
- (ii) When employed on movement control duties at a station where, they are obliged to take their meals in a refreshment room.
- (iii) When detained on temporary duty at an outstation or attending camps where rations cannot be supplied by Govt.
- (iv) When employed on Courier duty.
- (v) When employed on secret equipment duty.
- (vi) When Patients travel by Ambulance convoy or ordinary train provided free rations are not issued.
- (vii) When TB Patients travel on transfer from one Military Hospital to another for further treatment on recommendations of Medical Board after they have been invalidated out of service, provided free rations are not issued.