Revised rate of Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) w.e.f 01.10.2023 for Indian Railway Contract Workers: RBE No. 115/2023
The Ministry of Labour & Employment has issued orders revising the rates of variable dearness allowance for contract workers engaged in various employment activities. The rates are applicable from 1st October 2023. Railways, as the principal employer, must ensure that contractors comply with the Contract Labour (R&A) Act, 1970 and Minimum Wages Act, 1948 and provide the prescribed minimum wages to contract labourers.
भारत सरकार (GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
रेल मंत्रालय (MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS)
रेलवे बोर्ड (RAILWAY BOARD)
RBE No. 115 /2023
New Delhi dated: 17.10.2023
The General Managers,
All Zonal Railways and Production Units,
Metro Railway/Kolkata, CORE/Prayagraj,
The CAO (Construction), All Indian Railways,
The Director General, RDSO/Lucknow,
The DG/Railway Staff College, Vadodara,
The DGs/IRICEN, IRIEEN, IRISET, IRIMEE, IRITM,
The CAO, Rail Coach Factory / Raebareli,
The CAO, Rail Wheel Plant, Bela.
Sub: Revision of rate of Variable Dearness Allowance (VDA) for contract workers engaged in various employment/activities w.e.f 01.10.2023
Ref: Ministry of Railways’ Letter of even number dated 10.05.2023 (RBE No. 67/2023)
Ministry of Labour & Employment has issued each of orders No (i) 1/8(1)/2023-LS-II (ii) 1/8(2)/2023-LS-II_ (iii) No.1/8(3)/2023-LS-II_ (iv) No.1/8(4)/2023-LS-II_ (v) 1/8(5)/2023-LS-II, (vi) 1/8(6)/2023-LS-II (vii) 1/8(7)/2023-LS-II, all are dated 26.09.2023 revising the rates of variable dearness allowance for contract workers engaged in (i) Agriculture (ii) Gypsum Mines, Barytes Mines, Bauxite Mines, Manganese Mines, China Clay Mines, Kyanite Mines, Copper Mines, Clay Mines, Magnesite Mines, White Clay Mines, Stone Mines, Steatite Mines (including the mines producing Soap Stones and Talc), Ochre Mines, Asbestos Mines, Fire Clay Mines, Chromite Mines, Quartzite Mines, Quartz Mines, Silica Mines, Graphite Mines, Felspar Mines, Laterite Mines, Dolomite Mines, Red Oxide Mines, Wolfram Mines Iron Ore Mines, Granite Mines, Rock Phosphate Mines, Hematite Mines, Marble and Calcite Mines, Uranium Mines, Mica Mines, Lignite Mines, Gravel Mines, Slate Mines and Magnetite Mines (iii) Construction or Maintenance of Roads or runways or in Building Operations including Laying Down Underground electric, wireless, Radio, Television, Telephone, Telegraph and Overseas Communication Cables and Similar other Underground cabling work, Electric lines, Water supply lines and Sewerage Pipe Lines (iv) Loading and unloading in (a) Goods sheds, Parcel offices of Railways, (b) Other goods-sheds, godowns, warehouses and other similar employments; (c) Docks and Ports; And (d) Passengers goods and Cargo Carried out at Airports ( Both International and Domestic) (v) Employment of sweeping and cleaning excluding activities prohibited under the Employment of Manual Scavengers and Construction of Dry Latrines (Prohibition) Act, 1993 (vi) Watch and Ward (With and Without arms) and (vii) Stone Mines is sent herewith for information and strict compliance. The rates are applicable w.e.f. 01.10.2023.
2. Railways, being Principal Employer are required to ensure that the contractors are complying with the provisions of the Contract Labour (R&A) Act, 1970 and Minimum wages Act, 1948 strictly and arranging prescribed minimum wages to the contract labourers.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
4. The original letters mentioned above may be downloaded from the official website of Ministry of labour & Employment www.clc.gov.in.
Please acknowledge receipt.
DA:- As above
Joint Director Estt.(LL)
- DR Orders to Railway Pensioners and Family Pensioners from July 2023
- Monitoring of Attendance and Punctuality of Railway Officers Through AEBAS
- 46% DA to Railway Employees – Railway Board Orders
- Revised Rate of Variable Dearness Allowance from October 2023
- Indian Railway Office Holiday Calendar 2024 PDF Download
- Admissibility to travel by Vande Bharat and Humsafar Express Trains on Official Tour for CG Employees
- Clarification Regarding Payment of Hostel Subsidy – Railway Board Issued Orders on 31.8.2023
- Provision of Economy Meals and Packaged Drinking Water in General Seating Unreserved Coaches
- Grant of Notional Increment for Pensionary Benefits – Railway Board
- National Holiday Allowance for Higher Pay Level Under MACPS