Review of Creamy Layer for SCs/STs and OBCs
As regard SC/ST reservation, at present, there is no concept of creamy layer. Hence question of the review of creamy layer does not arise.
As regard OBC reservation, an Expert Committee has been constituted by the Government of India under the Chairmanship of Shri B.P. Sharma (former Secretary, DOPT) on 08.03.2019 to examine the issues related to Creamy layer equivalence among the Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBCs).
The Expert Committee, after consultation with all stakeholders including the State/UT Governments, has submitted its report to the Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment on 17.09.2019. At present, the report is under consideration.
This information was given by Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Krishan Pal Gurjar in a written reply in Rajya Sabha today.
All Developments on Creamy layer
- Review of Creamy Layer for SC, ST and OBC February 6, 2020
- Expert Committee for Creamy Layer under the Chairmanship of former DoPT Secretary June 27, 2019
- Income limit for Creamy Layer January 10, 2019
- Creamy Layer Income Criteria for CPSE and PS Bank Employees June 18, 2018
- Creamy Layer Criteria in PSUs, Banks, Insurance Institutions – DoPT Orders on 6.10.2017 October 7, 2017
- Revision of Income Criteria (Creamy Layer) for OBC – DoPT Orders dt.13.9.2017 September 13, 2017
- Validity period of OBC Certificate in respect of ‘creamy layer’ status of the candidates March 31, 2016