Rate of Interest on GPF/Similar Funds for Q2 FY 2023-2024
The Ministry of Finance has announced the rate of interest on the General Provident Fund (GPF) and other similar funds for the second quarter of the fiscal year 2023-2024, covering the period from July 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023. This resolution by the Ministry of Finance aims to provide clarity and transparency regarding the interest rates applicable to these funds during this specific timeframe.
Rate of Interest on GPF and other similar funds for Q2 of FY 2023-2024 from 1st Jul, 2023 to 30th Sep, 2023: Resolution by FinMin
(TO BE PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 04 July, 2023
It is announced for general information that during the year 2023-2024, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) w.e.f. 1st July, 2023 to 30th September, 2023. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st July, 2023. The funds concerned are:
- The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
- The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
- The All India Services Provident Fund.
- The State Railway Provident Fund.
- The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
- The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
- The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
- The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Additional Secretary to the Govt. of India
- Clarity on Interest Above Rs. 5 Lakhs for GPF: DoPPW
- Rate of Interest on GPF and Other Similar Funds for Q2 of FY 2023-2024
- Transferring NPS Subscription into GPF Account
- Online processing of GPF Final withdrawal/advance-DAD
- GPF Guidelines for Submission of Final Withdrawal
- General Provident Fund drawal of Advance to Armed Forces Personnel
- GPF Interest Rate Fixed 7.9% for Further Three Months
- GPF Interest Rate in Tamil Nadu: Between 1.4.2019 and 30.6.2019
- GPF for those who have been Recruited on or after 1-1-2004
- Centralized Online GPF Module: Interest Calculation