Purchase of Laptops for Eligible Officers – DoE Orders 22.10.2018
Instructions for the purchase of laptops/notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers – Clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the price ceiling
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 22nd October 2018
Subject: Instructions for the purchase of laptops/notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers – Clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the price ceiling.
The undersigned is directed to inform that references have been received in this Department seeking clarification regarding admissibility of Taxes/GST on the prescribed price ceiling of Rs. 80,000 as mentioned in Para 2(i) this Department’s O.M. No 08(34)/2017-E.II(A) dated 20th February 2018 on the above subject.
2. The matter has been considered in this Department. Since taxes are statutory in nature and are bound to change from time to time, it is clarified that the price ceiling of Rs. 80,000/- for the purchase of laptops/ notebooks and similar devices for eligible officers under the provisions of this Ministry’s OM dated. 20th February 2018 is exclusive of taxes.
3. This is issued with the approval of Secretary (Expenditure).
Latest Finmin Orders 2019:
- 7th CPC Bunching of Pay – Point of Doubts and Clarification February 9, 2019
- 7th CPC Fixation of Bunching of Pay – Finmin orders with Illustrations February 9, 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Bunching – Clarification Orders issued by Finmin February 8, 2019
- Clarification on Reimbursement of Rent to Government Servants – Finmin Orders Dt.1.2.2019 February 4, 2019
- Clarification on 7th CPC Special Compensatory Allowance January 28, 2019
- Finmin Clarification on Air Travel on Official Tour January 8, 2019
- Collection of Finmin Orders 2018 January 2, 2019