PCDA Circular 596: Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for Defence Forces pensioners
Circular No. 596 : Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC)- Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for Pre-01.01.2016 Defence Forces pensioners reg.
Dated: 09th February 2018
Subject: Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC)- Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for Pre-01.01.2016 Defence Forces pensioners reg.
Reference: This office Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016, Circular No. 582 dated 05.09.2017 and Circular No. 585 dated 21.09.2017.
(Available on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in)
Copy of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd January, 2018 on the above subject, which is self-explanatory, is forwarded herewith for further necessary action at your end.
2. In terms of Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/ Policy) dated 04th September’ 2017, Disability Element of Disability Pension to Armed Forces Pensioners has to be revised by multiplying the existing rate of Disability Element as had been drawn on 31.12.2015 by factor of 2.57 to arrive at revised rate of Disability Element as on 01.01.2016. Further, in terms of Para-5.2 & 5.3 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017 (02)/D(Pension/ Policy) dated 05th September’ 2017, Disability Pensionary awards has to be revised on notional pay fixation method and benefits of broad banding will be given to discharge cases also as in invalided out cases and these will be done by issuing Corrigendum Pension Payment Order (PPO).
3. Now, consequent upon the issue of GOI, MOD letter dated 23rd January, 2018, the cases where Armed Forces Pensioners who were retired/ discharged voluntary or otherwise with disability and they were in receipt of Disability/ War Injury Element as on 31.12.2015, their extent of disability/ War Injury Element shall be re-computed in the following manner given below, before applying the multiplication factor of 2.57 on existing disability/ war injury element as on 31.12.2015 for getting the revised disability/ war injury element as on 01.01.2016 in accordance to Para-2 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pension/ Policy) dated 04th September’ 2017.
|Accepted percentage of disability||Percentage to be reckoned for computing of Disability Element|
|20% or more but less than 50%||50%|
|Between 50% to 75%||75%|
|Between 76% to 100%||100%|
4. The Note below Para-12 of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2016-D(Pen/Pol) dated 29th October, 2016 (circulated vide Circular No. 570 dated 31.10.2016) stands deleted. In other words, quantum of additional pension available to old age pensioners after attaining the age of 80 years and above shall also be admissible on revised disability/ war injury element.
5. It is also stated that PDAs may take utmost care during revision of Disability/War Injury Element as per this order in those cases where the pensioners who are in receipt of 50% of Disability/ War Injury Element of Disability/ War Injury Pension. If the individual has already been given rounding of benefit through PPO (in invalided out cases) then rounding of benefit in such cases should not be given. However, where his disability was assessed as 50% in discharge cases then it will be rounded to 75% as mentioned in Para-3 above. If the PDAs found any problem regarding
identification of such cases the same may please be forwarded to Audit Section of this office.
6. All Pension Disbursing Agencies handling disbursement of pension to the Defence Pensioner are hereby authorized to pay benefit of rounding off disability/ war injury and additional pension as per Para 3 & 5 above without any further authorization from the concerned Pension Sanctioning Authorities.
7. Provisions of GOI, MOD letter No. 17(01)/2017(01)/D(Pen/Policy) dated 23rd January, 2018 shall take effect from 01.01.2016.
8. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination to all alongwith Defence pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies.
No. Grants/Tech/7th CPC/0181/V
Dated: 09th February’ 2018
Dy. Controller (P)
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Pramod Kumar Rai says
I am retired in 2004 March and by orders of AFT PCDA(PEN) Allahabad has issued corigendum PPO of Naib Sub but not getting disability pension of Niab Sub
Ex Have Bhagabanchaini says
I was retired on disability ground on 30 Apr 2000. But my disability pension have not get payment as till date. One time petition was filed in honorable highcourt Mar 2014. Then OROP errier and 7th Cpc has not received till date by Bank of India account. Kindly matter is very difficulty. Bank wanting corrigendum PPO only retire PPO have available
Narendra Kumar says
Ek nayak ko 16th year service par distchar kiya ja raha hai . Uska disability 20% hai . Ye disability use Annual leave ke dawran huaa. Hai. Kaya use disability pensaion milega ya nahi . Agar nahi to kya. Please clear and infirm me.
Sir ex have na render Merci diseblty 60% hai me war injury hu kit ni pension milegi
Narendra Kumar says
Disability pensen kis kis halat me nahi milata hai. Please inform me.
D v ramana says
Iam d.v.ramana PPO no’s/045055/2004/army pre 2006hony nb sub please grant nb sub pension how much days waiting for nb sub pension sanction s c and aft corurt30 oct2017 mod letter please pcda pension Allahabad please circular no please
GOPIDAS K says
I am retired on 21 Dec 2007 and my disability assessed as 50% on discharged time. As per para 5 of circular No 596 dt. 09 Fen 20018, it will be rounded off to 75%, However I could not received any befits in behalf of above.
Titia piyush Kumar V says
Sir I no 14632239K Nk Titia piyush Kumar retired on 31st Mar 2018 from EME (Army ) till date I have not received PPO and no any amount of commutation or gratuity and last two months pension credit in my bank account please early favourable action. I ever greatful to you and your kind of act My Army no is
KS Rana says
DISPARITY IN SERVICE PENSION
I, JC 262735W, Subedar Kewal Singh was enrolled in Army (Regt of Artillery) on 01 Sep 1982 and discharged from service (invalided) on 01 Sep 2006 after rendering of 24 yrs service due to LOW MEDICAL CATEGORY (A2 P) under (“Discharged being placed in medical category lower than SHAPE-1 and not upto Prescrived Military Physical Standard under item 1 (III) of table annexed to Army Rule 13 (3)”. My term of engagement was 28/2 yrs.
2. It is also notice that during the year 2006, some persons who were also under Low Medical Category were retained in the service after giving the shelter appointment and they served their full service according to their Rank structure. But I could not get the chance to take shelter appointment and perforcely discharged to home. Now I am getting less pension both (Service as well as Disability) than who have served their full service in LOW MEDICAL CATEGORY.
3. I was not discharged on my own request but boarded out as per Army Rule quoted above. These Rules should be equal to all Military persons and pension benefits should also be equal.