7th Pay Commission for Goa Government Employees
The revised pay matrix will be implemented in respect of all the Government employees and employees of aided educational institutions with effect from 01-01-2016. Actual payment through monthly salary shall commence from the month of January, 2017.
The Government of India has issued several Notifications, Office Memorandum, Orders regarding implementation of the recommendation of the Seventh Central Pay Commission on pay and other allowances like Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. to the employees of the Central Government; and the same was under the consideration of the Government of Goa, for implementing them to the employees of the State Administration and GIA Educational Institutions.
Fixation of Pay for Goa Govt Employees:
Fixations shall be done as per the Pay Matrix table provided in the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 by the Departments by taking an undertaking from the employees for subsequent recovery/adjustment of differential amount, if any, due to possible errors in fixation. The employee shall exercise an option as provided under these Rules. For the purpose of exercising an option and giving an undertaking, the form appended to these Rules, only shall be used.
The revised pay structure effective from 01-01-2016 includes the Dearness Allowance of 125% sanctioned from 01-01-2016 in the pre-revised pay structure. Thus, Dearness Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be zero from 01-01-2016. The Dearness Allowance shall stand revised at 2% from 01-07-2016.
Revised Pay Matrix for UGC and AICTE
The teaching faculty covered by the benefits under the UGC and AICTE guidelines, as adopted by the Government of Goa; the pay shall be fixed in the revised pay matrix in the following manner:
- Academic Grade Pay 6000: Level 10
- Academic Grade Pay 7000: Level 11
- Academic Grade Pay 8000: Level 12
- Academic Grade Pay 9000: Level 13
- Academic Grade Pay 10000: Level 14
7th CPC Arrears Payment:
The arrears in the revised pay consequent upon fixation of pay under C.C.S. (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016 shall be regulated/disbursed as under:
Pay in the revised pay structure shall commence with effect from the disbursement of salary for the month of January, 2017. That is to say salary bill for the month of January, 2017 shall be purely pay bill for the month under the revised structure without any arrears whatsoever.
Also Check: Expected DA Calculator from July 2022
Arrears of pay in the revised pay structure with effect from 01-01-2016 to 31-12-2016 shall be claimed/preferred separately by enclosing approved copy of pay fixation statement. These arrears shall be credited to the respective GPF/special account in respect of employees covered under NPS of the employee concerned.
DDO’s shall ensure that the claims relating to arrears are submitted to the Directorate of Accounts for payment on or before 20-06-2017. Interest on the arrears shall accure w.e.f. 01-01-2017, provided the above conditions are complied with.
In respect of employees having GPF account, the amount of arrears shall be credited to their account in one installment with lock-in-period of three years. The lock-in-period shall not be applicable to those employees who have retired w.e.f. 01-01-2016 till the date of issue of this order. In case of the employees who are retiring on or after the date of issue of this order during the lock-in-period, the amount of arrears shall be released alongwith final payments.
Various Notifications, OMs, Orders, Resolution issued by the Government of India (GOI) in this respect are listed below:—
- GOI, Ministry of Finance, Resolution No. 1-2/2016-IC dated 25-07-2016; published in the Gazette of India (Extraordinary), Part I-Sec I.
- GOI, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, Notification G.S.R. 721(E) Suggestions are welcomed on e-mail: dirÒ[email protected] No. 1-2/2016-IC dated 25-07-2016 published
in the Gazette of India (Extraordinary), [Part-II-Sec 3(i)].
- GOI, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, O. M. No. 1-6/2016-IC dated 07-09-2016 regarding bunching of stages in
the revised pay structure under C.C.S. (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
- GOI, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, O. M. No. 1-6/2016-IC dated 07-09-2016 regarding employees stagnating at the maximum of pay band and grade pay or scale in the pre-revised structure under C.C.S. (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016.
- GOI, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, O. M. No. 1-6/2016-IC (Pt.) dated 29-09-2016 regarding fixation of pay
and grant of increment in the revised pay structure – clarifications.
- GOI, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, O. M. No. 12 (1)/E.II(A)/2016 dated 07-10-2016 regarding grant of advances and amendment to rules on advances to Government servants (02 OM’s).
- GOI, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, O. M. No. 1/2/2016-E-II(B) dated 04-11-2016 regarding grant of 2% Dearness Allowance w.e.f. 01-07-2016
Pay Calculator for Goa Government Employees
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF