Minutes of Meeting with Defence Minister on 22.4.2015 – Disabled War Veterans
DISABLED WAR VETERANS NEWS
From: DIWAVE Disabled war Veterans <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Subject: MINUTES OF MEETING WITH RAKSHA MANTRI FOR CIRCULATION
MEETING WITH RAKSHA MANTRI 22 APRIL 2015
A meeting had been requested with Raksha Mantri to discuss the following issues concerning disabled War Wounded and other disabled forwarded to him on 06 April 2015:
Issue of orders for disability pension based on Fitment Tables—An amendment to their 17 Jan 2013 letter. (The Orders have been issued dated 10 April 2015.)
- Full implementation of SC Order on Broad Banding (for those retained in service)
- Implementation of Service Element equal to Normal Retiring Pension of the Rank based on 1972 letter.(for invalided out war veterans)
- Refixation of Disability Element on percentage basis wef 1-1-96 both pre and post 96 based on pay parity formula as sanctioned on the civil side.
- Enhanced Pension for widows of invalided out War Wounded.
- Empanelment of Prosthetic Centres.
- Minimising litigation involving Veterans.
- Setting up of Veterans Commission as per BJP Manifesto.
- Dept’s Quarterly meetings with Veterans.
The meeting took place on 22 April 15 evening in RM’s office at South Block. Since the last of issues had been forwarded earlier, Raksha Mantri indicated that he had studied them and was keen to resolve them soon. However, his pressing preoccupations did not leave enough time to personally handle such matters.
Therefore, he had decided to set up a small committee that would make an in-depth study of these and other related issues and put up its recommendations for implementation. The appointment of the proposed committee would be announced in the next few days.
In the context of broad banding, he shared his unhappiness of its misuse by some senior officers who while on the verge of retirement had got disability declared falsely to become entitled to disability pension, adding he would come down harshly on such cases.
Col H N Handa
Disabled War Veteran’s (India)
B6/6 DLF City,
Phase 1, Gurgaon 122002
Mail: [email protected]