Minimum Pay should be enhanced to Rs 24000 – Agitation against Central Government
Circular for Agitation against Central Government from 17-22 July, 2017
REF: BPMS/ Cir/ 17th TC/ 22
The Office Bearers and CEC Members
Bharatiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh &
The Presidents/ General Secretaries
Unions affiliated to the federation
Subject: Agitational Programme from 17 July 2017 to 22 July 2017.
Dear Brothers and Sisters
It is hoped that all of you are well and busy in accelerating trade union activities to uplift the organization.On 28 June 2017, the Cabinet Committee approved allowances as per 7th CPC recommendations with very minor changes or without any change. This time employees were expecting a better remuneration as promised by the Government but the Government did not change its attitude which led to financial loss to Government employees.
Therefore, Government Employees National Confederation has decided to conduct Agitational Programme from 17 July, 2017 to 22 July 2017.Being a constituent of GENC, this federation has decided that all the unions will conduct the Agitational Programme from 17 July, 2017 to 22 July 2107 on the following demands:
1. HRA should be rationalized to 30%, 20% and 10% of the Basic Pay for Class X, Y and Z Cities respectively.
2. All the allowances should be granted from 01.01.2016.
3. All the allowances which have been decided to be abolished should be retained.
4. All other allowances which are statuary in nature as overtime allowance under the Factories Act should be granted without any further delay.
5. Minimum Pay should be enhanced to Rs 24,000/-.
6. Multiplication factor for pay revision should be enhanced to 3.42.
7. Minimum Pension should be guaranteed as per Supreme Court verdict for NPS beneficiaries.
8. 7th CPC related anomalies should be resolved.
9. All cadre review should be completed in time bound manner.
10.There should not be disparity in the common category in various Ministries.
11.None of the Defence Establishments should be closed/ disbanded.
12.Grant of one time relaxation on the 5% ceiling for compassionate appointment.
13.Contract workers in Defence Establishments should be benefitted with Equal Pay for Equal work.
In the Agitation Programme gate meetings, slogan shouting and other peaceful methods as per feasibility are to be organized and a memorandum is to be submitted on the
last day of programme to your respective Head of Establishment addressed to Prime Minister so that the Government may be constrained to assuage the discontentment of employees and the copy of the memorandum is to be submitted to BPMS HQ.
Further, you are advised to give wide publicity of this Agitation Programme by propagating through Media, Posters and Pamphlets.
Appropriate Demands may be added related to your directorates/ establishments. Your humongous support is solicited.
(M P SINGH)