Meeting of NC JCM Staff Side with 7th Pay Commission – Detailed report including about DA Merger, Interim Relief
Feedback of the meeting of NC JCM Staff Side with 7th CPC
No.NC/JCM/2015 Dated: March 25, 2014
The 7th CPC had asked the JCM Staff Side to present their case before the Commission for wage revision on 23rd and 24th March 2015. Accordingly, the Standing Committee of the Staff Side met on 22nd March and again 23rd March 2015. The presentation was made on 23rd and 24th March 2015 before the Commission.
We have discussed the memorandum, chapter wise and the Commission made a very patient hearing and interacted with us seeking clarifications on certain matters. It is not possible to provide a detailed account of the discussions. However, we are to inform you that we came out of the discussion with a very good impression and satisfaction.
1. The Commission will adopt Minimum Wage Concept(Dr. Aykhrod Formula) as the principle of wage determination. They will however, collect the retail rates of the commodities that go into the basket.
2. We have pleaded for the adoption of the best international practices while fixing the highest salary.
3. On the demands for Interim Relief and Merger of DA, the Commission finally said that those can only be considered if Terms of Reference are amended.
4. The Commission agreed that there had been reduction in the sanctioned strength and working strength over the years despite the increased workload.
5. They have also noted that there was substantial reduction in percentage terms of the expenses on salary and wages over the years.
6. The Commission enquired, as to how multiplication factor of 3.7 was arrived at. The same was explained in detail.
7. Fitment Formula and the demand on Fixation of Pay on Promotion, were appreciated as the rationale was explained.
8. Date of effect: No commitment or comment was made by the Commission. The Staff Side explained, as to how they compromised by shifting the date from. 01.01.2011 to 01.01.2014.
9. The institution of Special Pay, especially in the wake of de-layering was explained.
10. Common Categories: We have requested the upgradation and amalgamation of the cadres of LDC with UDC and the need for bringing about parity in pay scales of the Subordinate Offices with the Central Secretariat. The problems of Staff Car Drivers were also elaborated. The contractorisation and casualisation at lower level positions and the consequent exploitation of the labour were discussed at length. The Commission has made a proposal to do away with the contractorisation/casualisation. Staff side will discuss the proposal and will send its views to the Commission in due course.
11. Classification of Posts: Our proposal has not been found favour.
12. GDS: While sympathizing with the Staff Side, the Commission wanted them to approach the Government with a view to amend the Terms of Reference.
13. Allowances and Advances: Detailed discussions were held on HRA, CCA, Transport Allowance, CEA and Special Allowance for personnel posted at North East Region. Chapters dealing with the facilities was also discussed at length, including compassionate appointment. On holidays, we have requested to include May Day in the list of holidays. The background of observance of May Day was enquired by the Commission and explained.
14. Pension and Retirement Benefit – NPS: Commission stated categorically that NPS being an Act of Parliament, they will not make any comment thereon.
Pension Computation: The rationale of 67% was explained and appreciated.
Minimum Pension: our demand for 2/3rd of the Minimum Wage was also explained.
Parity in pension of past and present pensioners was fully explained, linked with one rank -one pension scheme for Defence Personnel. We have pleaded that Civilian Pensioners should not be discriminated against. Demand for Additional Pension for both Pensioners and Family Pensioners was explained. All matters concerning Family Pension were also discussed. So also, gratuity to be computed in accordance with the Gratuity Act.
There was good response for the demands from the Commission.
Restoration of commuted value of pension: The Commission will enquire the views of the Government as to what is their objection to the demand.
Medical facilities for pensioners and discrimination between Pensioners in CGHS area and CCS(MA) Area as also the Postal Pensioners was brought home including the higher Fixed Medical Allowance for ESI persons.
Certain clarifications/elucidations have been asked for by the Commission. To provide such clarifications, another meeting with the Commission might be held after the Commission’s interaction with other organizations. The Staff Side may meet the Commission after their interaction with the other organizations are over.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Secretary/Staff Side NC JCM
PDF file regarding feedback of the meeting is reproduced underneath:-
Latest News on DA Merger for CG Employees:
- Merger of Dearness Allowance equal to 50% of basic pay from April 2004 for Running Staff – Railway Board March 10, 2017
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay – Computation of emoluments of Running Staff for granting retirement benefits October 20, 2016
- Merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment – BSNL Orders issued July 21, 2016
- Dorai focus on two crucial issues of 50% DA Merger and 3% Increment April 25, 2016
- 6th Pay Commission Dearness Allowance ends with 6% hike at 125% March 25, 2016
- Merge DA with Basic this year and Defer Increments: Pay Panel Member February 15, 2016
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement age 58 : Rumor Spreading in Social Networks September 23, 2015
- Seeking Merger of DA and Oppose reduce the Retirement age – DPCC August 25, 2015
- Denial of interim relief and the benefit of merger of DA with Pay must be viewed very seriously – NC JCM June 22, 2015
- DA to CPSE Employees from Jan 15 – 262% to 273% for without 50% DA Merger – 212% to 223% with 50% DA Merger May 14, 2015
- Order for Merger of 50% DA, Retirement age news goes viral in Social Media May 5, 2015
- NC JCM writes to PM regarding the pending demands of Central Govt Employees – DA Merger, NPS, Interim Relief, Promotion and Bonus issues May 1, 2015
- Pensioners seek 50% da merger and Bus travel concession April 16, 2015
- Meeting with 7th Pay Commission and DoPT on 25.2.2015 – Confederation publishes brief resume of the discussions February 27, 2015
- JCM Staff Side Meeting with 7th Pay Commission – Discussion about DA Merger and Interim Relief February 25, 2015
- NFIR – 55 Point Charter of Demands Including DA Merger, Interim Relief and Scrap NPS February 24, 2015
- Meeting between JCM Staff Side & 7th Pay Commission – Discussion on DA Merger & Interim Relief – NFIR February 19, 2015
- Decisions taken National Joint Council of Action meeting held on 16.02.2015 on 7th CPC, DA Merger issues February 17, 2015
- NMC urges FM to raise IT exemption limit to Rs 5 lakh, exclude DA from IT calculation, Merge DA in Basic Pay & Pension etc. February 16, 2015
- Central Govt refused Interim Relief and DA Merger – Assured for 7th CPC Report on time January 29, 2015
- Central Trade Unions submits Joint Memorandum including DA Merger and 5 Lakh IT Exemption to Finance Minister January 21, 2015
- Staff Side NC JCM writes to Cabinet Secretary for Interim Relief, Merger of DA January 13, 2015
- Will the 7th Pay Commission present an Interim Report to the Centre? December 18, 2014
- National Council Staff Side JCM meets today (11.12.2014) – Eyes of all look expectantly on the demand of DA Merger and Interim Relief December 11, 2014
- NDA AND UP TWO SIDES OF SAME COIN – EDITORIAL POSTAL CRUSADER DECEMBER-2014 December 1, 2014
- Whether 7th Pay Commission proposes to submit Interim Report? November 24, 2014
- DA Merger & Interim Relief – National Convention of NC JCM Meeting on 11.12.2014 – INDWF Circular November 23, 2014
- Government of India is reluctant to consider Merger of DA, Interim relief, scrapping of New Pension Scheme November 19, 2014
- CONFEDERATION MASS SQUATTING ON 18TH NOVEMBER 2014 – PRESS MEET BY TAMILNADU CONFEDERATION November 19, 2014
- DA MERGER – INTERIM RELIEF – DATE OF EFFECT OF 7TH CPC RECOMMENDATIONS FROM 01.01.2014 November 18, 2014
- JCM NATIONAL COUNCIL STAFF SIDE – ALL INDIA CONVENTION ON 11.12.2014 November 1, 2014
- JCM STAFF SIDE UNITY SHOULD BE FOR STRUGGLE October 31, 2014
- National Convention of the NC (JCM Staff Side) for DA Merger and Interim Relief October 28, 2014
- Central Government Employees Federations to observe Protest Day on 5th December October 27, 2014
- National Convention will adopt a joint resolution on DA Merger, Interim Relief October 22, 2014
- National Council JCM Staff Side Meeting Will Be Held Tomorrow October 11, 2014
- Is Interim Relief Likely for Central Government Employees? October 10, 2014
- Demands for DA Merger & Interim Relief strengthen Once again…NC JCM Staff Side emergency meeting on October 12 October 6, 2014
- Urgent meeting of the Staff Side of JCM (National Council) on 12.10.2014 October 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION DECLARES NEXT PROGRAMME OF ACTION October 2, 2014
- CG Employees Launch Countrywide Stir Demanding 7th Pay Commission Interim Relief September 22, 2014
- DA from July 2014 – Cabinet may declare 7% in this month for CG Staff September 1, 2014
- Negation of the promises – Granting Interim Relief-Merger of DA, LTC by Air and Exemption of Income Tax August 28, 2014
- BRMS demands to merge 50% DA and Grant Rs.7000 as Interim Relief August 16, 2014
- Memorandum of Interim Relief and merger of Dearness allowance–Confederation News July 27, 2014
- NO MERGER OF DA – FINANCE MINISTRY REPLY TO NATIONAL COUNCIL SECRETARY July 3, 2014
- PENDING DEMANDS OF CG EMPLOYEES AND NEW GOVERNMENT – CONFEDERATION NEWS June 18, 2014
- Demand for 50% DA Merger presented to the new government June 16, 2014
- Feedback of meeting with Cabinet Secretary–Regarding of DA Merger & Interim Relief June 14, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER : Merger of DA with Pay and sanction of Interim Relief for the Central Government Employees June 14, 2014
- 50% Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay–NFIR Writes to New FM on 28.5.2014 May 30, 2014
- AIRF demanded to the 7th Pay Commission including Merger of DA and Interim Relief May 29, 2014
- Central employees awaiting next govt nod on DA merger March 19, 2014
- NMC pleads with seventh CPC for merger of 50% DA March 12, 2014
- Expectations for 50% DA Merger and Retirement age turn into disappointments March 7, 2014
- Can the govt servants get 30% Salary hike on account of 50% DA Merger? – An analysis March 7, 2014
- 50% DA Merger and Retirement Age 62 – High hopes fading due to announcement of election dates… March 5, 2014
- CONFEDERATION CALLS FOR PROTEST AGAINST THE ARBITRARY AND UNILATERAL DECISION OF THE GOVERNMENT March 2, 2014
- 7th Pay Commission can suggest the Merger of DA in its interim report… March 1, 2014
- Whether 50% DA Merger will be approved or not..? March 1, 2014
- 50% Merger of DA and Retirement Age 62 – No discussion in the Cabinet Meeting March 1, 2014
- Cabinet Approves Merger of DA with Basic Pay February 28, 2014
- CABINET APPROVED 10% DA HIKE FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES AND PENSIONERS February 28, 2014
- Merger of D.A., 7th CPC ToR and Raising Retirement age 62–Cabinet will decide today..! February 28, 2014
- Impact of Merger of 50% DA in Basic Pay February 27, 2014
- Retirement Age 62 and 10% DA from Jan 2014 – Cabinet expected to clear on Friday (28.202014) February 26, 2014
- 50% DA Merger, Retirement Age 62 and Interim Relief – Cabinet is likely to clear some of these demands..! February 24, 2014
- 50% DA MERGER – Impact of merger of 50% DA with basic pay February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger – BSNL Employees Union February 24, 2014
- Central Government employees may get 50% DA merger February 23, 2014
- Central Govt to pay the Dearness allowance for state government employees February 23, 2014
- Merger of 100% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2014 and Merger of 50% DA w.e.f. 1.1.2011 February 21, 2014
- AIRF Demanding Merger of 100% Dearness Allowance with Basic Pay February 21, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and grant of Interim Relief – NFIR February 21, 2014
- Inclusion of DA Merger and Interim Relief in 7th CPC ToR – Cabinet likely to approve 7th CPC ToR February 20, 2014
- 50% DA MERGE OR INTERIM RELIEF FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES February 17, 2014
- Latest 50% DA Merger News February 4, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with Pay January 30, 2014
- Merger of 50% DA will soon be considered by Central Government before the budget session… January 17, 2014
- Retirement Age 62, Merger of DA, Scrapping of NPS, inclusion of federation leaders in 7th CPC etc. – Memorandum submitted to PM January 8, 2014
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Pay of the Central Government Employees – reg. November 13, 2013