|Committee||7th Pay Commission|
|Beneficiaries||Karnataka State Govt Employees|
|Terms of Reference||Revision of Pay & Allowances|
|Chairman||Shri Sudhakar Rao|
|Secretary||Shri Hephsiba Rani Korlapati|
|Members||Shri Shrikant B Vanahalli Shri P.B. Rama Murthy|
|Date of Report Submission||May 2023|
Constitution of 7th Pay Commission in Karnataka – Notification issued on 19.11.2022
The full text of the notification issued by the Karnataka Government on 19th November 2022 is reproduced and given it below for your ready reference.
Proceedings of the Government of Karnataka
Subject: Constitution of 7th State Pay Commission – reg.
Read G.O. No.FD 22 SRP 2017 dated: 01-06.2017
Government Order No.FD 45 SRP 2022
Bangalore, Dated: 19th November 2022
The Hon’ble Chief Minister has announced to constitute a Pay Commission to examine the request of the State Government employees.
2. In pursuance of the announcement, the State Government is pleased to constitute the 7th State Pay Commission consisting of the following Members:-
(1) Sri Sudhakar Rao, IAS (Retd.) – Chairman
(2) Sri P.B. Rama Murthy, IAS (Retd.) – Member
(3) Sri Shrikant B Vanahalli, Principal Director (Retd.) State Audit & Accounts Dept – Member
(4) Smt. Hephsiba Rani Korlapati, IAS Joint Secretary, IDD – Secretary
3. The Terms of Reference of the Pay Commission will be as follows:
(a) To examine the present pay structure of employees of the State Government (excluding those who are on the UGC/AICTE/ICAR/NJPC scales of pay), Aided Educational Institutions, Local Bodies, and Non-teaching Staff of the Universities taking into account the total packets of benefits including death-cum-recruitment benefits available to the employees and to recommend new pay structure which may be feasible;
(b) To examine the feasibility of adopting the Central Government pay structure by determining the equivalence of posts between the different cadres in the Central and State Governments;
(c) To examine and determine the Dearness Allowance formula to be adopted by the State Government;
(d) To examine the quantum of various allowances including House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, etc. and Leave Travel Concession and Medical Attendance facilities and to suggest changes which may be feasible;
(e) To examine the revision of pension and pensionary benefits;
(f) To examine such other matters as may be entrusted/referred by the State Government.
4. In making its recommendations, the Pay Commission should keep in view the resources of the State Government and Government’s commitments for various development programmes and schemes, statutory and regulatory functions, debts-servicing obligations, and other non-development requirements within the overall mandate of the Fiscal Responsibility Act, 2022.
5. The Pay Commission should devise its own procedure, and may call for such information from various Departments as found necessary for its terms of reference.
6. All the Government departments shall furnish such information and documents and other assistance, as may be required by the Pay Commission. Government trust that the service Association, Local Bodies, Aided Institutions, and other concerned will extend to the Pay Commission their fullest cooperation and assistance,
7. The Pay Commission shall submit its report within six months.
By Order and in the name of the
Governor of Karnataka.
Under Secretary to Government
Finance Department (Services-2)
Who is the chairman of Karnataka 7th pay commission?
The Chairman of Karnataka 7th Pay Commission is retired IAS officer Sudhakar Rao.
Who is the secretary of Karnataka 7th pay commission?
The secretary of Karnataka 7th Pay Commission is P.B. Rama Murthy, IAS (Retd.)
Who are the members of Karnataka 7th pay commission?
The members of Karnataka 7th Pay Commission are Shrikant B Vanahalli, Principal Director (Retd.) State Audit & Accounts Dept – Member and Hephsiba Rani Korlapati, IAS Joint Secretary, IDD – Secretary
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF