Summer vacation started in the second week of April in India. Most of the tourists are visiting various significant places in India with family members and friends. We have collected a list of public, bank and government holidays in April 2020.
April 1st is ‘April Fools’ Day’ – Its origin are not known clearly. Cheating by saying something to be trusted to others for fun.
Government Holidays April 2020 in India – List of Public and Regional holidays during the month of April 2020 in India
Government Holidays April 2020 for Central and State Government Offices and Employees
First three holidays are gazetted holidays and another three holidays are optional holidays listed in the restricted holiday table.
- Celebration of ‘Ramayana Raman’ birthday – Ram Navami (Smarta) falls on 2.4.2020 (Thursday)
- Mahaveer Janma Kalyanak religious festival for Jains, as per gregorian calendar the holiday falls in March or April, in 2020 – Mahavir Jayanti falls on 6.4.2020 (Monday)
- Christian festival memory on the crucifixion of Jesus and the place of Calvary – Good Friday falls on 10.4.2020 (Friday)
- Christian festival of the Jesus rose from the dead – Easter Sunday falls on 12.4.2020 (Sunday)
- Indian harvest festival for farmers – Vaisakhi, Vishu falls on 13.4.2020 (Monday)
- Mesadi, Vaisakhadi (Bengal), Bahag Bihu (Assam) falls on 14.4.2020 (Tuesday)
|April 2020 Calendar with Holidays|
|02.04.2020||Thursday||Ram Navami (Smarta)|
|14.04.2020||Tuesday||Mesadi, Vaisakhadi (Bengal), Bahag Bihu (Assam)|
Regional Holidays in April 2020
- Celebration in Odisha – Odisha Day falls on 1.4.2020 (Wednesday)
- Biju Festival falls on 13.4.2020 (Monday)
- Parashurama Jayanti falls on 25.4.2020 (Saturday)