Exemption of Persons with Physically Handicapped employees (Divyangjan) for Essential Services – Dopt Orders March 2020
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
28-March-2020 20:21 IST
As per fresh Office Memorandum (OM) issued by the Ministry of Personnel, all the Ministries and departments have been instructed that while drawing up roster of staff who are required to attend essential services within their respective Ministries or departments, they may keep in mind that employees who are “Persons with Disability” (PwD) or “Divyangjans” are exempted.
Pertinent to mention that as per an earlier Office Memorandum issued by DoPT immediately following the imposition of 21 day lockdown, the Heads of Departments (HoDs) were asked to draw a list of staff that are “absolutely necessary” to carry out additional essential services within the department.
Meanwhile, through another memorandum issued by DoPT, timeline for submission of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) in respect of Group-A officers of Central Services has been extended for the year 2019-20, in the light of the situation arising out of the spread of Covid-19. As per the earlier schedule, the date for distribution of blank APARs to all concerned officers was 31st March, which has now been revised and extended upto 31st May.
Similarly, the date for the submission of self-appraisal by an officer to the Reporting Officer(RO) was 15th April as per the earlier schedule, but it has now been revised and extended upto 30th June.
Meanwhile, most of the officials have been asked to continue to work from home and remain available on telephone and electronic means of communication. They may be asked to make themselves available if and when required.
Click to view the order
Dopt Orders on Coronavirus (Covid 19) March 2020:
- 25 March 2020: Authorization Letter for Essential Services Staff – Dopt Clarification 25 March 2020
- 22 March 2020: Central Govt Offices will function with skeletal staff till 31 March 2020 – Dopt
- 20 March 2020: Relaxation in Medical Leave Rules for Central Government Employees – Dopt
- 20 March 2020: Coronavirus Update: Central Govt Allows Consultant Staff to Work from Home – Dopt
- 19 March 2020: Novel Coronavirus Precautionary Measures – Imperative to Follow in all Training Institutes – Dopt