Bye-Election to 7 Assembly Seats on 05.09.2023 – Holiday Declared
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has issued an official memorandum regarding the bye-elections scheduled to take place on September 5, 2023, in 7 (seven) assembly constituencies. The memorandum announces that a paid holiday will be granted on the day of the poll, allowing eligible voters to exercise their democratic rights without any hindrance. This decision aims to encourage maximum participation in the electoral process and ensure that citizens have the opportunity to cast their votes freely and without any work-related obligations on the designated day.
Bye-Election to 7 (Seven) Assembly Constituencies on 05.09.2023 – Grant of paid be Holiday on the day of the Poll: DoPT OM
F. No. 12/1/2022-JCA
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions E
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 21st August, 2023
Subject: Bye-Election to 7 (Seven) Assembly Constituencies of Jharkhand, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Tripura and West Bengal – Grant of paid be Holiday to the employees on the day of the Poll – regarding
The undersigned is directed to state that the Election Commission of India has informed, vide Press Note No. ECI/PN/47/2023 dated 08.08.2023 and letter No. 78/EPS/2023/1767 dated 10.08.2023, that Bye – Election to Seven (7) Assembly Constituencies of Jharkhand, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Tripura, and West Bengal, are scheduled to be held as under:-
|S.No.||Name of State||Assembly Constituency No. & Name||Date of Poll||Day|
|7.||West Bengal||15 Dhupguri (SC)||05.09.2023||Tuesday|
2. Under Section 135B of the Representation of the People Act, 1951, employees entitled to vote at the general/bye-election are entitled to a grant of paid holiday.
3. The guidelines issued by this Department vide OM No. 12/14/99-JCA dated 10.10.2001 regarding closure of Government Offices and grant of paid holidays in connection with election are enclosed for necessary action and compliance.
4. This may be brought to the notice of all concerned.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
- Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) – Appeal to Donate Minimum Rs. 200 – DoPT Orders
- Election Holidays for Central Govt Employees in September 2023 | DoPT Orders
- Courses on Sexual Harassment & Govt Code of Conduct: DoPT OM
- Aadhar Enable Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS): To ensure marking of Attendance using AEBAS without fail
- Deemed Suspension and Confirmation under Rule 3(2) of AIS (D&A) Rules, 1969
- DoPT try to posting of Vishnu Nair in his hometown as per recommendations of CCPD!
- DoPT Holiday List 2023 PDF: Election Holiday for Govt Employees
- Election Holiday on 27 Feb 2023 – DoPT