DA Order for Railway Employees Effective from July 2018
Grant of Dearness Allowance to Railway employees – Revised Rates effective from 01.07.2018
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA (BHARAT SARKAR)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
RBE No.: 132/2018
File No. PC-VII/2016/117/2/1
New Delhi, dated: 10.09.2018
The General Manager/CAOs(R),
All India Railways & Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Sub:– Grant of Dearness Allowance to Railway employees – Revised Rates effective from 01.07.2018.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter RBE No 39/2018 dated 19.03.2018 (F. No. PC-VII/2016/I/7/2/1) on the subject mentioned above and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Allowance payable to Railway employees shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 7% to 9% of the basic pay with effect from 1st July, 2018.
Read also: Grant of Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees – Revised Rates effective from 1.7.2018
केन्द्र सरकार के कर्मचारियों को महंगाई भत्ता प्रदान किया जाना – 01.07.2018 से प्रभावी संशोधित दरें
2. The term ‘ basic pay’ in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix as per i 11 CPC recommendations accepted by the Government, but does not include any other type of pay like special pay, etc.
3. The Dearness Allowance will continue to be distinct element of remuneration and will not be treated as pay within the ambit of Rule 1303 (FR 9(21)), Indian Railway Establishment Code, Volume – II (Sixth Edition – 1987)- Second Reprint 2005.
4. The payment on account of Dearness Allowance involving fractions of 50 paise and above may be rounded to the next higher rupee and the fractions of less than 50 paise may be ignored.
5. The payment of arrears of Dearness Allowance shall not be made before the date of disbursement of salary of September, 2018.
6. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
(S. Balachandrar lyer)
Executive Director, Pay Commission-II
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF