Again Extended the Last Date for Submission of Life Certificate (Digital and Physical) for Pensioners
Attention all Central Government pensioners and family pensioners: The submission deadline for your Life Certificate has been graciously extended by the Central Government until the 28th of February in the year 2022. We kindly ask that you take note of this new deadline and submit your Life Certificate accordingly. For your convenience, we have included the full text of the order below for easy reference. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Extension of Last Date for Pensioners’ Life Certificate Submission
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
Dated: 3rd January,2022
All Chief Postmasters General/Sr. DDG(PAF)
Subject: Regarding extension of the last date for submission of Life Certificates (Digital or Physical).
This is regarding the extension of the last date for submission of Life Certificates (Digital or Physical).
2. According to OM No. 18/1/2020-P&PW/(H)-III-6786 dated 31.12.2021 issued by DoP&PW enclosed herewith, in view of the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation in various states and keeping in view vulnerability of elderly population to Corona virus, the time limit for submission of Digital as well as physical Life Certificate for pensioners has been extended up to 28th February, 2022.
3. During this extended period the pension will continue to be paid by the Pension Disbursing Authorities (PDAs) uninterrupted. This will avoid the rush at Jeevan Pramaan Centres while maintaining social distancing in obtaining Life Certificate from the elderly this year.
5. Therefore, it is requested to ensure hassle-free submission of Life Certificates of the pensioners within the stipulated time.
6. These instructions should be brought to the notice of all DDOs and all pensioners including the pensioner’s associations in Circles/ Regions and Divisions.
7. This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
8. Hindi version will follow.
Section Officer (PO)
What is the last date for submission of life certificate for pensioners?
The last date for submission of life certificate for pensioners has been extended.
Why was the last date extended?
The last date was extended to provide additional time for pensioners to submit their life certificate.
How can pensioners submit their life certificate?
Pensioners can submit their life certificate through the designated online portal or by visiting their respective bank branches.
Is it mandatory to submit a life certificate?
Yes, it is mandatory for pensioners to submit a life certificate to continue receiving their pensions.
Can pensioners submit the life certificate through offline methods?
Yes, pensioners can also submit their life certificate by visiting their respective bank branches.
Are there any penalties for not submitting the life certificate on time?
Failure to submit the life certificate on time may result in a delay or suspension of pension payments.
Can pensioners submit their life certificate after the extended deadline?
It is recommended to submit the life certificate within the given deadline. However, it is advised to check with the respective pension authority for any possible allowances or further extensions.
How can pensioners stay informed about any future updates regarding the life certificate submission?
Pensioners can regularly check the official websites of their respective pension authorities or contact their bank for any updates regarding the life certificate submission process.