7th Pay Commission Advances
|Interest Free Advances|
|1. Pay on Transfer Advance|
|2. Travelling Allowance Advance|
|3. LTC Advance|
|4. Leave Salary Advance|
|5. Festival Advance|
|6. Bicycle Advance|
|7. Warm clothing Advance|
|8. Medical Advance|
|9. Hindi course Advance|
|10. Flood Advance|
|Interest Bearing Advances|
|1. Scooter Advance|
|2. Computer Advance|
|3. Typewrite Advance|
|4. Car Advance|
|5. House Building Advance|
7th CPC Recommendations and Govt Decisions on Advances
Analysis and Recommendations : As can be seen from the table above, the amount of most of the advances is quite low. With the increased salary packages provided after successive Pay Commissions, these advances have lost their relevance.
Hence, to do away with outdated provisions and thereby save on the costs involved in administering these advances, it is recommended that all Interest free advances should be abolished.
Analysis and Recommendations: The present position is that meagre funds are allotted for these advances and only a few manage to avail this facility.
In fact, budget provision for all of them, except Advance for purchase of Personal Computer, has been reducing over the years.
Regarding Motor Car Advance and Motor Cycle/Scooter/Moped Advance, we are of the view that quite a few schemes for purchase of vehicles are available in the market from time to time.
The employees should avail of these schemes and both these advances should be abolished.
Latest News about 7th CPC Advances:
- NCCPA appeal to grant festival advance to all pensioners and family pensioners November 2, 2020
- Salary and Pension advance for central government employees and Pensioners October 15, 2020
- Grant of Special Festival Package advance through UTSAV Cards to CG Employees October 14, 2020
- Rs 10000 is not a bonus! Festival Advance for Central Govt employees! October 13, 2020
- Interest-Free Festival Advance to Central Govt Government Employees October 12, 2020
- Rs 10000 Special Festival Advance for Central Govt employees October 12, 2020
- Grant of Advance – Amendment to Rule 80 of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants April 17, 2020
- Computer Advance Interest Rate 2020-21 for Central Government Employees March 18, 2020
- Home Loan Interest Subsidy – Interest Rate and Eligibility February 12, 2020
- 7th Pay Commission Advances: Restoration of Festival advance to CG Employees October 6, 2019
- HBA Interest Rate Declined from 8.5% to 7.9% October 4, 2019
- Festival Advance Increased to Civil and Teacher Pensioners August 7, 2019
- Abolition of Advance of Leave Salary as per 7th CPC Recommendations April 5, 2017
- Loans and Advances by the Central Government – Interest rates and other terms and conditions January 24, 2017
- Letter of CCGGOO to the Finance Secretary, GOI for cash disbursement to officers November 21, 2016
- Rs.10000 Advance in the form of Cash Payout to Central Government employees on 23.11.2016 November 17, 2016
- Personal Computer Advance for all Central Government Employees – Finmin Orders October 7, 2016
- Advances for Medical Treatment, TA on Tour or Transfer and LTC are retained – Finmin Orders October 7, 2016
- Interest rates for Loans and Advances by the Central Government – Finmin Orders February 6, 2016
- Advances to Central Govt Employees : Rate of Interest during 2015-16 February 6, 2016
- Abolishing 12 Interest free advances including LTC Advance recommended by 7th CPC November 26, 2015
- Advances to Government servants — Rate of interest for purchase of conveyances during 2013-2014. November 19, 2013