The Department of Expenditure (DoE) under the Ministry of Finance issued an Office Memorandum (OM) on 6th November 2023, regarding the Dearness Allowance (DA) for employees of Central Government and Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) who are still receiving their pay based on the pre-revised pay scale/Grade Pay as per the 6th Central Pay Commission. According to the OM, the rate of DA will be increased from the current rate of 221% to 230% of the Basic Pay, effective from 1st July 2023.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 6th November 2023
Subject: Revision of Dearness Allowance to the employees of Central Government and Central Autonomous Bodies continuing to draw their pay in the pay scale/Grade Pay as per 6th Central Pay Commission
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. No. 1/3(1)/2008-E.II(B) dated 10th April, 2023 on the subject mentioned above and to say that the rate of Dearness Allowance (DA) in respect of employees of Central Government and Central Autonomous Bodies, who are continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay scale/Grade Pay as per 6th Central Pay Commission, shall be enhanced from the existing rate of 221% to 230% of Basic Pay w.e.f. 01.07.2023.
2. The provisions contained in paras 3, 4 and 9 of this Ministry’s O.M.No.1(3)/2008-E.1I(B) dated 29th August, 2008 shall continue to be applicable while regulating Dearness Allowance under these orders.
3. The contents of this Office Memorandum may also be brought to the notice of all organisations under the administrative control of the Ministries/Departments which have adopted the Central Government scales of pay.
(Dr. Vivek Dwivedi)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Top Suggested Links:
- DR Orders to Railway Pensioners and Family Pensioners from July 2023
- Central Freedom Fighters Pension Dearness Relief Latest News | 44% DR from 1.7.2023
- 5th CPC DA at 427% for CABs from July 2023: Fin Min Order
- 6th CPC Dearness Allowance – 230% from July 2023 to CG Employees!
- 46% DA to Armed Forces Officers and PBOR Effective from 1.7.2023 – Orders issued
- 46% DA to Railway Employees – Railway Board Orders
- 46% DR from July 2023 – DoPPW Order
- Revision of Rates of Dearness Allowance effect from 1.7.2023 | FinMin Orders On 20.10.2023
- DA Orders Issued for CPSE Employees from October 2023
- 46% DA from July 2023 – Waiting for Union Cabinet Committee Approval!