Selection to the post of Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi,
Dated 19th January, 2018
Subject: Selection to the post of Vigilance Commissioner in the Central Vigilance Commission.
The Government of India has constituted a body under the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 (the Act) known as the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) to exercise the powers conferred on and to perform the functions assigned to it under the Act. It is located in New Delhi. The Commission consists of a Central Vigilance Commissioner and not more than two Vigilance Commissioners. The functions and powers of Central Vigilance Commission are as per chapter III of the Act.
2. It is proposed to appoint a Vigilance Commissioner vice Shri Rajiv, who is to demit office on completion of his tenure.
3. The Vigilance Commissioner shall hold office for a term of four years from the date on which he/she enters upon his/her office or till he/she attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
4. The Vigilance Commissioner, however, on ceasing to hold the office, shall be eligible for appointment as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, provided that the term of the Vigilance Commissioner, if appointed as the Central Vigilance Commissioner, shall not be more than four years in aggregate as the Vigilance Commissioner and the Central Vigilance Commissioner.
5. The salary and allowances payable to and other conditions of service of the Vigilance Commissioner shall be the same as those of a Member of the Union Public Service Commission subject to adjustment of the pensionary/retirement benefits availed by him, if any, in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
6. For complete information and details interested applicants should refer to the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003.
7. Eligibility and other requirements:
7.1 Section 3(3) of the CVC Act, 2003, provides that the Central Vigilance Commissioner and the Vigilance Commissioner shall be appointed from persons —
a) Who have been or are in All India Service or in any civil service of the Union or in a civil post under the Union having knowledge and experience in the matters relating to vigilance, policy making and administration including policy administration; or
b) Who have held office or are holding office in a corporation established by or under any Central Act or a Government company owned or controlled by the Central Government and persons who have expertise and experience in finance including insurance and banking, law, vigilance, and investigations;
provided that, from amongst the Central Vigilance Commissioner and Vigilance Commissioners, not more than two persons shall belong to the category of persons referred to either in clause (a) or clause (b)
7.2 In case of persons falling under section 3(3)(a) of the Act as above, such persons, preferably have held or is holding the post of a Secretary to the Government of India or any equivalent post thereto under the Central Government.
7.3 In case of persons falling under the first part of section 3(3)(b) of the Act as above, the person must have held or is holding the position of Chairman / Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of a Schedule ‘A’ Public Sector Enterprise and has served as a Whole Time Director on the Board for a period of at least 3 years.
7.4 In respect of persons who have expertise and experience in finance including insurance and banking, law, vigilance and investigations, and falling under the second part of section 3(3)(b) of the Act, such persons must have acquired eminence and have outstanding achievement in the said field(s) provided that such persons who are in employment in a private company must have held or is holding the position of Managing Director / CEO, as Whole Time Director on the Board of the Company for a period of at least three years.
7.5 All applicants should be of outstanding merit and impeccable integrity and should have knowledge and at least 25 years of experience in the relevant fields.
7.6 The applicants should not be more than 62 years of age as on 1st January, 2018 so that the persons to be considered for selection will get at least 3 years tenure as a Vigilance Commissioner.
8. Persons fulfilling the criteria for appointment as Vigilance Commissioner and interested in being considered for appointment to the post may send their application in the enclosed proforma to the Under Secretary (AVD-III), Department of Personnel and Training, North Block, New Delhi by 19th February, 2018.
9. Serving persons are required to send their applications through proper channel. They can send their applications as an advance copy directly to DoPT by the stipulated last date, but those applications will be considered only if they are finally received through proper channel.
10. The applications received after the due date will not be considered under any circumstances.
Joint Secretary (S&V-I)