Revised OROP Table – Improvement in Pension of JCO/OR retired / discharged /invalided out of service prior to 1.1.2006
Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries 2012 on the issues related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen – Improvement in Pension of JCO/OR retired / discharged /invalided out of service prior to 1.1.2006.
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
Dated; 25th November,2014
The Chief of the Army Staff,
The Chief of the Naval Staff,
The Chief of the Air Staff.
Subject:- Implementation of Government decision on the recommendations of the Committee of Secretaries 2012 on the issues related to Defence Service Personnel and Ex-Servicemen – Improvement in Pension of JCO/OR retired / discharged /invalided out of service prior to 1.1.2006.
While issuing this Ministry’s letter No. No.1(13)/2012-D(Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013 [Click here] the rates of improved pension in respect of Honorary Commissioned Officers of DSC could not be included therein inadvertently. The same are provided as indicated below:-
[i] The rates of pension as indicated in Table No.6 (Army), attached with MoD letter No.1(13)/2012-D(Pen/Policy) dated 17.01.2013 [Click here] in respect of pre-1.1.2006 retirees JCO/OR granted honorary Commissioned Officer rank, are equally applicable to Honorary Commissioned Officers of DSC. Accordingly, the new Table No.11 (A) (DSC) has been added for Honorary Commissioned Officers of DSC as Annexure.
[ii] Revised rates of pension relating to NCs (E) as indicated in Table-l [Army], may be applied in Table No.19 (Air Force) for NCs(E) TlNDAL and HEAD TINDAL in place of existing rates.
(iii) in Columns 2,3, 4 and 5 of Table No.13 (Navy), for ranks Art-IV and Art III-l; for the period post 10.10.1997 read “group X” for “group ‘A'”.
2. The provisions ofthis letter shall take effect from 24.9.2012.
3. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Division of this Ministry vide their ID No. 10(11)/2012/FlN/PEN dated 15.10.2014.
Hindi version will follow.
Revised Pension in respect of Pre 1.1.2006 retirees JCO/OR granted honorary Commissioned Officer (DSC)
Basudev Ghimire says
1. Can you like to see the following development in higher authorities:-
Ser Rank Q/Servise in Gp Basic pension Remarks
(a) Havildars 21/03/21 days Y Rs 8905/- 01 Mar 2015
(b) Hon Nb Sub 26/10/09 days Y Rs 5899/- 01 Jan 2006
(Clerk) who has passed JCO cadre also.
2. Is it the justification?
Honorary Naib Subedar says
1. I, 2879637W Ex Havildar & Honorary Naib Subedar VIJAI KUMAR have served in Army for 24 years and 02 days and retired on 31 October 2006 (A/N). I have been granted the rank of Honorary Naib Subedar with effect from 01 November 2006 on the republic day of 2007. My original PPO No is S/029763/2006 (ARMY).
2. It is intimated that I am drawing my service pension from your bank vide bank account No – 2994001301104170 @ Rs 7750/- basic pension vide my P.P.O. No S/CORR/039335/2010 (ARMY) dated 19 October 2010 and subsequent corrigendum PPOs issued by PCDA (P), Allahabad in this regard time to time. I have 24 years of qualifying service at my credit and was pensioned with sanction and payment of my all retrial benefits by taking into account of notional pay applicable for Honorary Naib Subedar in Y pay group in PB-2 pay band of Rs 9300 – 34800 + Grade Pay of Rs 4200 + MSP of Rs 2000. My last basic pay was Rs 4700/- in pre revised pay scale of Rs 3600 – 100 – 5100 in Y pay group in the rank of Havildar. In this regard, I wish to submit that I am fully entitled & eligible to get the pension of regular Naib Subedar in Y pay group. This is conformity of recommendation of 6th CPC in which it is provided that Honorary Naib Subedars are entitled to get pension equivalent to regular Naib Subedar of the same group. Further, PCDA(P) circular No 471 dated 30 September 2011 confirmed the same thing and moreover, the same issue has been decided by Apex Court in SLP cc No – 42/2010 in case of UOI & other V/s Honorary Naib Subedar Sh. Kanwal Singh. Similar judgments were also delivered by AFT, Chandigarh on 27 October 2010 in OA No – 691/2010 in the case of Sh Subha Chand Sheoran & others V/s UOI & others and subsequently AFT, Jaipur also gave similar decision on 11 January 2011 in case of Honorary Naib Subedar Dharampal & others V/s UOI & others vide OA No – 160/2010.
3. The, being more beneficial, my service pension is subjected to revision with effect from 01 November 2006 @ Rs 8577/- per month in the rank of Honorary Naib Subedar in Y pay group according to provisions contained in Paras No 6.1 & 6.2 of PCDA(P) circular No 397 dated 18 November 2008 (scan of circular No 397 attached as attachment) giving provision that pension in no case shall be lower than 50% of the minimum of pay in pay band + GP + MSP applicable and introduced from 01 January 2006 corresponding to pre-revised scale from which the pensioner had retired for 33 years of maximum qualifying service.
4. According to the above, my last basic pay drawn of Havildar rank in Y pay group is corresponding to last basic pay of Rs 7160/- in the rank of Naib Subedar in Y pay group. According to fitment table issued by Special Army Instruction – 1/S/2008(table attached as attachment), total revised pay including pay in pay band of Rs 13320 + GP of Rs 4200 + MSP of Rs 2000 = Total revised pay = Rs 19520, which is corresponding of pre-revised pay of Rs 7160. Consequently my revised pension with effect from 01 November 2006 by modified parity method is computed as under:
50% of Rs 19520 = Rs 9760 x Q.S of 24 years + 05 years weightage = /33 = 9760×29/33= Rs 8577/- per month with effect from 01 November 2006.
5. That as per instructions issued in last para of 6.2 & para No – 14.1 of above circular 397 dated 18 November 2008 and para 13.1 of circular No – 430 dated 10 March 2010, you are fully authorised to revise my pension & payment of arrear of pension accordingly and as desired by me.
6. That my pension is further subjected to revision from Rs 8577/- to Rs 9382/- per month vide table No 32 of PCDA(P) circular No 430 dated 10 March 2010 for the rank of Honorary Naib Subedar in Y pay group.
7. In view of the above my pension should be revised from Rs 7750/- to Rs 8577/- per month w.e.f. 01 November 2006 and from Rs 8577/- to Rs 9382/- per month w.e.f. 01 July 2009.
Rupeshwar Prasad says
Sir i am retired from Hong nb sub after completing service of 26 years. Presently my basic pension is 10029. What will be my basic pension after one rank one pension.
N K ROUT says
sir i was retired on 31/01/2000 rank hony naib subedar total service 24 years my basic pension was 7601 and DA 9046 what will be pension of group y according orop.
N K ROUT says
sir i was retired on 31/01/2000 rank hony naib subedar my basic pension was 7601 and DA 9046 what will be pension of group y according orop.
Lt.Col. Ravinder Kumar. says
Discriminatory Anomaly in OROP Since 2004 when LtCol with 26Years Service Promoted To Col (TS) getting More Pension than those who Retired
Before 2004 with Even more than 26 Years Service & were EVEN (some)
senior & even COMMANDED them……..In True Letter & Spirit of OROP this
CASE be either Resolved or Placed Before the ONE MEMBER JUDICIAL
COMMISION for resolution !!!!!!!!111
chourang bhale says
Sir I am retired indian army 100% disability 1971 i am retirement 1973 total service 10yr 11m sir information may all pay war injury ,basic pay family pay Service pension and all grant thank you sir
Rajan varughese says
Sir I retired from Indian Navy in May 92 after completing 16.5years as petty officer.What will be my pension
kulwant singh says
i kulwant singh retired from indian navy as cpo rank on 31 july 2001 what will be my pension
sub avtar singh says
sir i was retired on april 30,2013 rank subedar my basic pension was 10600 what will be pension of group y according orop.
Sir, I was retd on 30-6 -1993 rank of Subedar and my basic pension was 9324/according to 6CPC .now I am getting,11970/ according to revision of pension wef 01-07 -2009. Now what will be basic pension of Subedar group y according OROP.
Lt Col Satish Chandra says
I enroled in EME on 31 Dec 1973 and on 26 Jul 2986 got commission as SL Officer. Retired from service in the rank of Lt Col after completing 38 years and five month service. What will be my besic pension after implementation of OROP..
sanjay bhise says
Nice things given to sailors
dhamotharan srinivasan says
dhamotharan srinivasan says
Very good guidelines