Review of Flexi Fare System in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Commercial Circular No. 82 of 2017
No.TC II/2910/2016/Discounted Fares
New Delhi, dated 19.12.2017
The Principal Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways
SUB: Review of Flexi Fare System in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains.
REF: 1. Commercial ciruclar no. 68 of 2016 dated 08.12.2016
2. Commercial circular no. 66 of 2016 dated 14.12.2016
3. This office letter of even no. dated 16.12.2016
4. Commercial circular no. 79 of 2016 dated 28.12.2016
5. Commercial circular no. 42 of 2017 dated 28.06.2017
In continuation of above instructions Ministry of Railways have decided the currency of above instructions regarding (i) 10% rebate in the basic fare on the vacant berths/seats after preparation of first chart in all trains including Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains (ii) Discounted fare in Shatabdi trains on Mysuru-Bengaluru and Bengaluru-Mysuru sections should be extended till further advice.
2. However extension of, currency of discounted fare in Shatabdi trains on Ajmer-Jaipur and Jaipur-Ajmer sections shall be examined separately and the same shall be intimated later.
3. There shall be no change as regards reduction of tatkal quota in Rajdhani/Duronto/Shatabdi trains. Tatkal quota shall continue to be 10% of the total classwise accommodation in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duronto trains till further advice. However, fortnightly review of utilisation of tatkal quota may be undertaken by CCMs of Zonal Railways and based on its utilisation, tatkal quota may be increased in such trains upto a maximum of 30% of total class wise accommodation in the train.
4. Quarterly review should be undertaken to assess the effectiveness of the above schemes.
5. This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Director Passenger Marketing)
Leave a Reply