Reckoning of 30% pay element for the purpose of payment towards leave encashment upto 10 days to running staff
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No.10 /2015
New Delhi, dated 12/02/2015
The General Managers,
All Indian Railways & Prod. Units etc.
(As per mailing lists No.I&II).
Sub: Reckoning of 30% pay element for the purpose of payment towards leave encashment upto 10 days to running staff.
Board have issued instructions vide letter No. F(E)III/2008/LE-I/I dated 29-10-2008 on encashment of leave while in service.
2. Some of the Zonal Railways had sought clarification whether 30% pay element is to be reckoned for the purpose of leave encashment upto 10 days of LAP to the running staff.
3. The matter has been considered by the Board and it is clarified that in the case of Running Staff, the calculation of leave encashment upto 10 days wil be done in the same manner as in the case of leave salary in terms of Rule 25(i)(k) of “The Rules for the payment of Running and other Allowances to the Running staff on Railways, 1981”
4. An illustration of the above is shown below:
(i) Basic Pay in general = Basic in Pay Band + Grade Pay = BP
(ii) Basic Pay of running staff = 130% of BP = (A)
(iii) DA rate in general = DA%
(iv) DA for running staff = DA% of (A) =(B)
(v) Leave encashment for 1 day = (A + B)/30
5. Other terms and conditions on encashment of leave will remain the same.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF