Postponement of proposed indefinite strike by Defence Employees Federations…
ALL INDIA DEFENCE EMPLOYEES FEDERATION
INDIAN NATIONAL DEFENCE WORKERS FEDERATION
BHARATIYA PRATIRAKSHA MAZDOOR SANGH
Camp: New Delhi
The Defence Secretary,
Ministry of Defence,
South Block, New Delhi.
Sub: Deferment/postponement of the proposed indefinite strike.
Ref; 1) Strike Notice No.01/AIDEF/INDWF/BPMS14 Dt; 28/01/2014.
2) VIde MoD ID NO.19(5)/2013/D(JCM) Dtd: 07/02/2014.
The representatives of the 3 Federations perused the minutes of the meeting held on 06/02/2014 under the chairmanship of AddI. Secretary(A) with the representatives of recognised Federations of MoD I.e. AIDEF, INDWF, & BPMS in connection with the notice of Indefinite strike from 17/2/2014 by Defence Civilian Employees.
The 3 Federations Convey their gratitude to the MoD for the proactive steps taken to negotiate the demands of the Defence Civilian Employees in a cordial atmosphere and to settle some of the very outstanding issues of the Defence Civilian Employees pending for a long period.
The Federations also place on record the Initiative taken by the Honbie Defence Minister, Defence Secretary, Secretary(Dp) and all the officials in the MoD and Defence Finance in resolving some of the issues which were agitating the minds of the Defence Civilian Workforce and also the assurance given that all out efforts would be taken to settle the issues pending with Defence Finance, DOP&T, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Health by holding meetings with them.
The Federations are also confident that the assurances and commitment given in the meeting by the AddI. Secretary(A) and Defence Minister will be implemented In its true spirit. Accordingly after the meeting with the Addl. Secretary the representatives met the Hon ble Defence Minister Shri.A.K.Antony on 06/02/2014 at 15.00 hrs, and appraised him about the discussion taken place in the meeting held with Addi. Secretary and also requested him to consider the following 4 demands at his level.
1) Grant of CSD Canteen facilities to the retired Defence Civilian Employees at par with the Ex-servicemen.
2) To take up the matter with DOP&T and Ministry of Finance for relaxation of the 5% restrictions on grant of Compassionate Appointment.
3) To discuss with the Prime Minister and Finance Minister to merge a portion of Dearness Allowance i.e. more than 50% with Basic pay for all purpose, since Dearness Allowance has become 100% as on 01/01/2014.
4) For achieving self reliance, indigenisatlon of Defence production and to avoid scam & corruption in Defence purchase, Government owned Defence industries such as DRDO, Ordnance Factories, DGOA, EME Workshop, Naval & Air Force establishments should be expanded and patronised by the Government.
The Honble Raksha Mantiri assured to consider all the issues raised by us
Considering the above positive approach from the MoD and also the appeal made by the Addl. Secretary(A) to the Federations to withdraw the proposed indefinite Strike’ the Federations have decided to reciprocate the positive approach and goodwill and have decided to defer/postpone the indefinite strike proposed from 17/2/2014 till further review by the Federations depending upon the outcome of the settlement.
We hope that MoD will consider our decision in its true perspective and continue with the dialogue mechanism to solve the problems and to maintain harmonious employer employee relationship.
Gener& Secretary / AIDF
General Secretary / INDWF
Orgn. Secretary / BPMS For General Secretary
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF
Leave a Reply