OROP Clarification For Pre-2006 Commissioned Officers – PCDA Circular
OFFICE OF THE PR. CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
MOST IMPORTANT CIRCULAR
Circular No. 525
Subject: Implementation of the Govt. decision on the recommendations of Committee on the issue related to Defence Service personnel and Ex-Servicemen —For pre-2006 commissioned Officers.
Reference:- This office circular No. 494 dated 19th March 2013 and Circular No. 503 dated 17th January 2013.
PDAs are aware that as per this office circulars cited under reference, Family pension in respect of PBORs will be revised by PDAs as per tables attached with above cited circulars. It has been observed that various PDAs feel difficulties while revising pension.
Clarifications on some of the major problems are given as under
(1) The Enhanced rate of OFP has been revised w.e.f 1.1.2006 in r/o pre-2006 family pensioner vide this office circular no 494 dated 19th march 2013. This rate of family pension is payable w.e.f 1.1.2006 to 23.09.2012 and thereafter according to this office circular no 503 dated 17 Jan 2013. The enhanced rate of OFP rate for the rank of Hony rank such as Hony Naik, TS Naik, Hony Havidar and Hony Nb sub is not given in this circular no 494 dated 19.03.2013. It is hereby clarified that since Hony. Rank of Naik, Havildar and Havildar holding Hony Rank of Nb Sub draw pay in pay scale of Sepoy, Naik and Havildar respectively, therefore, they are entitled for modified parity with reference to substantive rank held at the time of retirement / discharge / invalidment except for the Naik (TS) who draw Pay Scale of Naik and therefore entitlement for modified parity will refer to Naik Rank.
(2) A pensioner who had retired with the rank and granted ACP-I will be eligible for revision of pension of next higher rank, and, ACP-II will be eligible for revision of pension of next higher rank of ACP-I w.e.f. 24.09.2012 as per circular no. 501 .Therefore, PDAs are authorized to revise Ordinary Family Pension (Enhanced Rate and Normal Rate, Special Family Pension, Liberalized Family Pension) on the same analogy as applicable to the pensioners/ family pensioners of the Service Pension of the above mentioned category.
Hot Check: Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator
(3) Ordinary Family Pension (Enhanced Rate and Normal Rate) for NCs (E) is not given in circular no. 502. It is clarified that rate of OFF may be revised according to lowest rank and group.
(4) Revision of Family Pension of DSC: Ordinary /Special/ Liberalized Family Pension for NOK of DSC personnel are not provided in this office Circular no 502 and 503 dated 17.01.2013. The family pension of DSC personnel who are in receipt of family pension for DSC service only is to be revised on the same rates as given for family pensioner of Regular Army. DSC personnel on “clerical duty” and “other duty” are entitled for family pension of regular Army personnel of group “Y” and group “Z” respectively.
The facility of dual or two family pension to the families of Armed Forces Pensioners who get second re-employment in Civil departments after getting retired/discharged from military service and were in receipt of ordinary family pension as circulated vide this office circular No. 504 dated 17.01.2013 is also applicable to the DSC personnel and circulated vide this office circular no 513 dated 19.07.2013. Thus, issue of Corrigendum PPO by this office will regularize second family pension of the DSC personnel. Therefore, in such cases, PDAs should not revise the rates of second Family Pension as per rate applicable to regular Army personnel, but according to Corr PPO issued by this office.
(5) PDAs are already directed to revise the pension as per table appended to MOD letter enclosed after ascertaining the actual qualifying service subject to the maximum term of engagement for each rank as applicable from time to time. It is hereby clarified that the phrase “Term of engagement” implies “Maximum qualifying service for grant of service pension” at the time of retirement. Therefore, Service pension of the individual will be revised with reference to actual qualifying service subject to “Maximum qualifying service for grant of service pension” i.e. in no case Service pension of the individual will be revised for more than maximum qualifying service for grant of service pension, except those exception as provided in Appendix-X to this office circular No. 501 dated 17/01/2013.
(6) This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for disseminating across the all concerned.
Please acknowledge receipt.
(A. K. Nigam)