Indian Administrative Service (IAS) 7th CPC Pay Matrix Level | IAS Officer Basic Salary | IAS Probation Period | IAS Leave | IAS Provident Fund | IAS Medical Facilities | IAS Retirement Benefits
- Junior Scale Officer Basic Salary: Rs. 56,100
- Senior Time Scale Officer Basic Salary: Rs. 67,700
- Junior Administrative Grade Officer Basic Salary: Rs. 78,800
- Selection Grade Officer Basic Salary: Rs. 1,23,100
- Super Selection Grade Officer Basic Salary: Rs. 1,44,200
- HAG Scale Officer Basic Salary: Rs. 1,82,200
- Apex Scale Officer Basic Salary: Rs. 2,25,000
Indian Administrative Service:- (a) Appointments will be made on probation for a period of two years which may be extended subject to certain conditions. Successful candidates will be required to undergo prescribed training at such places and in such manner and pass such examinations during the period of probation as the Central Government may determine.
(b) If in the opinion of Government, the work or conduct of a probationer is unsatisfactory or shows that he is unlikely to become efficient, Government may discharge him forthwith or, as the case may be, revert him to the permanent post, on which he holds a lien or would hold a lien had it not been suspended under the rules applicable to him prior to his appointments to the Service.
(c) On satisfactory completion of his period of probation Government may confirm the officer in the Service or if his work or conduct has, in the opinion of Government, been unsatisfactory, Government may either discharge him from the Service or may extend his period of probation for such further period, subject to certain conditions as Government may think fit.
(d) An officer belonging to the Indian Administrative Service will be liable to serve anywhere in India or abroad either under the Central Government or under a State Government.
(e) Pay Bands and Grade Pays attached to various grades of IAS :-
- Level 10 in the Pay Matrix
(i) Senior Time Scale
- Level 11 in the Pay Matrix
- (Two additional increments shall be granted at the time of pay fixation on promotion);
(ii) Junior Administrative Grade
- Level 12 in the Pay Matrix (Two additional increments shall be granted at the time of pay fixation on promotion);
(iii) Selection Grade
- Level 13 in the Pay Matrix
- (Two additional increments shall be granted at the time of promotion);
- Super Time Scale Level 14 in the Pay Matrix Above Super Time Scale
(i) HAG Scale
- Level 15 in the Pay Matrix
(ii) Apex Scale
- Level 17 in the Pay Matrix
Dearness allowance will be admissible in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time under the All India Service (Dearness Allowance) Rules, 1972.
A probationer will start on the junior time scale and be permitted to count the period spent on probation towards leave, pension or increment in the time scale.
(f) Provident Fund:- Officers of the Indian Administrative Service are governed by the All India Service (Provident Fund) Rules, 1955, as amended from time to time.
(g) Leave:- Officers of the Indian Administrative Service are governed by the All India Service (Leave) Rules, 1955 as amended from time to time.
(h) Medical Attendance:- Officers of the Indian Administrative Service are entitled to medical attendance benefits admissible under the All India Service Medical Attendance Rules, 1954, as amended from time to time.
(i) Retirement Benefit:- Officers of the Indian Administrative Service appointed on the basis of Competitive examination are governed by the All India Services (Death-cum-Retirement Benefits) Rules, 1958 as amended from time to time.