How to calculate arrears on 50% Pension for JCO / ORs
CALCULATION ARREARS ON 50% PENSION FOR JCO/OR
HOW TO GO ABOUT CALCULATION OF ARREARS OF JCOs & Ors
With coming of this rule the arrears will be due to those persons who have been receiving Pension lesser than the 50% of “Minimum of Pay in Pay Band” w.e.f. 01 Jan 2006 to 30 June 2014 ie up to the date of implementation of the OROP Scheme.
2. Hence the first and foremost item to know is the “Min of Pay in Pay Band” pertaining to your Group and Rank. The above chart has been derived from various Circulars issued by PCDA(P). Do intimate in case there be some changes and modification is needed.
3. The amount by which you have been getting lesser than this amount is the Basic difference now payable per month.
4. In case of JCOs & ORs three Circulars ie 547, 430 and 501 are important.
Hot Check: Expected DA from July 2020 Calculator
There will thus be three differences corresponding to periods as under :-
(a) Difference between MP in PB and figures in 547 from 01 Jan 2006 to 30 June 2009.
(b) Difference between MP in PB and figures of circular 430 from 01 Jul 2009 to 23 Sep 2012.
(c) Difference between MP in PB and figures of Circular 501 from 24 Sep 2012 to 30 Jun 2014.
5. Note down these figures where ever they are less than the MP in PB. However in case they are higher than the MP in PB these are not to be taken into account and the difference be taken as Zero.
6. Multiply these three differences with Multiplication factors as under to add period and DA:-
(a) 01 Jan 2006 to 30 Jun 2009 = 46.02.
(b) 01 Jul 2009 to 23 Sep 2012. = 57.62
(c) 24 Sep 2012 to 30 Jun 2014. = 39.76
The sum of the resultant figure will the total arrears due to you