Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Central Government Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare)
3rd Floor. Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003,
Dated the 19th July, 2017
Subject: Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Central Government Pensioners residing in areas not covered under CGHS.
The undersigned is directed to say that at present Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) is granted to the Central Government pensioners/family pensioners residing in areas not covered under Central Government Health Scheme administered by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and corresponding health schemes administered by other Ministries/Departments for their retired employees for meeting expenditure on their day-to-day medical expenses that do not require hospitalization. Orders were issued vide this Department’s O.M. No. 4/25/2008-P&PW(D) dated 19-11-2014 for enhancement of the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance from Rs. 300/- to Rs. 500/- per month w.e.f. 19.11.2014.
2. Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission on Allowances (with modifications), sanction of the President is hereby conveyed for enhancement of the amount of Fixed Medical Allowance from Rs.500/- to Rs.1000/- per month. The other conditions for grant of Fixed Medical Allowance shall continue to be as contained in this Department’s OMs No.45/57/97-P&PW(C) dated 19.12.1997, 24.8.1998, 30.12.1998, 18.8.1999 and OM No.4/25/2008-P&PW(D) dated 19.11.2014.
3. These orders will take effect from 01.07.2017.
4. In their application to the persons belonging to the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India vide their UO No. 169-Staff (Rules)/A.R/Ol-2016 dated 18.07.2017.
5. These orders are issued with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance (Deptt. of Expenditure) vide their OM No. 11-1/2016-IC dated 11.07.2017.
6. Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Triloki Nath Tikku says
Fixed Medical Allowance to PENSIONERS @ Rs 1000 pm wed Jul 17 has not been paid by PDOs so far. old rate Rs 500 is paid.
What are reasons for not paying Rs 1000 pm is not known.