Fundamental Rules and Service Rules Applicable to Central Government Employees
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 23rd January, 2017
G.S.R. 69(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to the article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Fundamental Rules, 1922, namely : –
1. (1) These rules may be called the Fundamental (Amendment) Rules, 2017
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Fundamental Rules, 1922, in rule 56, in clause (d), after the sixth proviso, the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:–
“Provided also that notwithstanding anything contained in the fifth proviso, the Central Government may, if considers necessary, in public interest, so to do, give an extension in service for a further period not exceeding one year beyond the said period of two years to the Foreign Secretary”.
[F. No. 26012/1/2017-Estt. (A-IV)]
GYANENDRA DEV TRIPATHI, Jt. Secy.
More on Fundamental Rules and Service Rules
- No Idea to Change Retirement Age of CG Employees September 25, 2019
- Fundamental (Amendment) Rules, 2017 – DoPT February 10, 2017
- Periodical review under FR 56(j) – DOPT Order March 15, 2016
- Dopt clarification regarding application of FR 49 April 16, 2015
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF