FAQs on CS(MA) Rules | Get Answers Quickly
Quickly get answers to frequently asked questions regarding CS(MA) Rules with this helpful resource.
- Who are covered by CS (MA) Rules?
- They shall apply to all Government servants other than (i) these in railway service and (ii) those of non-gazetted rank stationed in or passing through Calcutta, whose conditions of service are prescribed by Rules made or demand to be made by the Central Government, when they are on duty, leave or Foreign Service in India or which under suspension.
- Who is an AMA?
- Authorised Medical Attendant (AMA) is Medical Officer in the employee of Central Government or Private Medical Practitioner appointed/mominated by the Ministry/Department for providing medical attendance to its employees.
- What is the Reimbursement in case of treatment taken under emergency at private hospital?
- CS (MA) beneficiaries are being reimbursed as per the prevailing non-NABH CGHS as applicable to a CGHS covered city and non-NABH rates applicable to the nearest CGHS covered city in case of non-CGHS city, as the case may be, or the actuals, whichever is less, for treatment undertaken at private hospitals under emergent condition.
- What are the hospitals in which CS(MA) beneficiary are entitle for treatment under normal conditions?
- CS(MA) beneficiaries and their dependent family members can get treatment from any of the Central Government hospitals/State Government hospitals/private hospitals and diagnostic centers recognized under CGHS/CS(MA) Rules as per provisons.
- Can a Central Government Employee gets reimbursement is treatment undertaken aboard?
- Treatment abroad is considered under CS (MA) Rules, 1944, on receipt of application in the prescribed format through the employee’s Ministry/Department. However, approval depends on the opinion of the standing Committee constituted under these rules.