DoPT try to posting of Vishnu Nair as per Recommendations of CCPD
Shri Vishnu Nair, a section officer of the Central Secretariat Service with an 85% hearing disability in both ears, has requested for a transfer to his native place, Ernakulam District, Kerala. He had also requested the Commission for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) to facilitate his placement in a Government organization near his home district. In regard to this matter, the Honourable Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) has issued an Order on 30th November 2022, proposing that this Department contact all Central Government establishments in Kerala to explore the possibility of transferring the complainant to his hometown. Now the DoPT issued orders on this matter on 26th December 2022. The order said all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India are respectfully asked to investigate potential postings of Shri Vishnu Nair in any of the regional offices/autonomous bodies under their control situated in Kerala, with special attention to Ernakulam district, within the framework of the organization’s existing regulations, to provide Sh. Nair, Section Officer, with the opportunity to work near his hometown and remain with his family. The full text of the DoPT order is reproduced and given below for your ready reference.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, A Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market
New Delhi, the 26th December 2022
Subject: Recommendations received from the Hon’ble Court of Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities on the representation dated 24.05.2022 of Shri Vishnu S. Nair, Section Officer, CSS requesting for posting to native place i.e. Ernakulam Distt., Kerala.
The undersigned is directed to say that Shri Vishnu Nair (PWBD with 85% hearing disability in both ears, a regular Section Officer of the Central Secretariat Service and presently posted in the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) had requested for posting in his native place i.e. Ernakulam Distt., Kerala due to his hearing disability. As there is no CSS cadre post in Ernakulam district, this Department is unable to post him near his hometown.
2. He had also approached Commission for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) for its intervention to arrange for his posting in any Govt. organisation near his home district.
3. In this connection, the Hon’ble Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (CCPD) in her Order dated 30.11.2022 has recommended that this Department would write to all Central Government establishments situated in Kerala in order to explore the possibility of his transfer to Kerala where hometown of the complainant is situated.
4. Accordingly, all the Ministries/Departments of Government of India are requested kindly to explore possibilities of posting of Shri Vishnu Nair in any of the attached/regional offices/autonomous bodies under their administrative/cadre control located in the state of Kerala in general and in Ernakulam district in particular within the existing rules of the organization so as to help Sh. Nair, Section Officer work near his hometown and stay with his family.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
- Goa Public Holidays and Bank Holiday List 2023
- GPF Interest Rate January to March 2023
- AICPIN for November 2022