CGHS Hospitals 2017 – CSI Rainy Hospital
HISTORY OF CSI RAINY HOSPITAL
Starting as a Medical Dispensary in the Campus of Ulaga Meetper Aalayam in Royapuram in 1888, the hospital moved to its present location in G.A. Road in 1914. Due to the tireless efforts of Miss. Christina Rainy, an educationist, after whom the hospital is named, the hospital buildings came into being. The medical work was pioneered by Dr. Alexandrina Mcphail, between 1888 and 1928, who established an institution primarily to provide medical care to women and children. Both these pioneers were Missionaries from the Church of Scotland. Over the years, the institution has grown under the leadership of Overseas and Indian Doctors.
The Church affiliation was taken over by the Church of South India. Today in the 123rd year of its existence, CSI Rainy Hospital is a Multispeciality Institution providing high quality Medical care at affordable rates in the field of Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Urology, Paediatric Surgery, Nephrology and Neurology. Plans are underway to establish a Paediatric Cardiac Surgical Unit in the hospital shortly.
The hospital also provides DNB postgraduate training for Doctors in Medicine, Surgery, OG, Anaesthesia and Family Medicine. A school of Nursing to train GNM students is attached to the hospital and has been functioning for the past 84 years with an annual intake of 25 students. Other courses such as Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology and Radiology are offered.
Address: CSI RAINY MULTI SPECIALITY HOSPITAL
NO 45, GA ROAD,
CHENNAI – 600 021
Phone: 91-044-2596 0995, 91-044-2595 7668
Fax: 91-044-2595 7668
Loaction: Click to view Google Map