Central Government Employees Launch Stir Demanding Cancellation of New Pension Law
Members of the Central Government Employees Integration Committee launched a stir in front of the Erode Post Office demanding, among other things, the cancellation of the new pension law.
Post Office workers unions-NFP’s state executive committee member Pachaiapan led the protests.
– Add 100% dearness allowance to the basic salary of all employees, including pensioners and GDS workers, with effect from January 2014
– Interim relief to all the employees
– Revaluation of the working conditions and salaries of the GDS employees by the new Pay Commission
– Revocation of the new pension rules and reinstallation of pension schemes to all the employees
– Permanent employment to casual and contract employees
– Relaxation of the 5% rule in offering employment to the next of kin on compassionate basis
– Fill up current vacancies and create new job vacancies
These were some of the demands put forth by the protesters. Participants include the Secretary of Central Government Employees Integration Committee, Mr. Ramaswamy, and Income tax Employees Association’s secretary, Mr. Shekhar.