Bank Dearness Allowance 2023 – 632 Slabs @ 44.24% for Workman & Officer
The Bank Dearness Allowance for the months of August, September, and October in the year 2023 has been set at a substantial rate of 44.24%. This generous allowance applies to both the hardworking workman and dedicated officer employees of the bank, ensuring that everyone is treated fairly. It amounts to a significant increase in compensation for the employees during this period, totaling a remarkable 632 slabs. With this well-deserved raise, the bank employees can look forward to improved financial security and a brighter future.
Bank Dearness Allowance for Aug, Sep, Oct 2023 @ 44.24% – 632 Slabs for Workman and Officer Employees
Indian Banks’ Association
HR & Industrial Relations
August 2, 2023
All Members of the Association
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Dearness Allowance for Workmen and Officer Employees in banks for the months of August, September, October 2023 under XI BPS/ 8th Joint Note dated 11.11.2020.
The confirmed All India Average Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers (Base 1960=100) for the quarter ended June 2023 are as follows:-
April 2023 8822.12
May 2023 8854.99
June 2023 8966.74
The average CPI of the above is 8881 and accordingly the number of DA slabs are 632 (8881-6352= 2529/4= 632 Slabs). The last quarterly Payment of DA was at 596 Slabs. Hence, there is an increase in DA slabs of ‘36’ i.e. 632 Slabs for payment of DA for the months August, September and October, 2023.
In terms of clause 7 of the 11th Bipartite Settlement dated 11.11.2020 and clause 3 of the Joint Note dated 11.11.2020, the rate of Dearness Allowance payable to Workmen and Officer employees for the months of August, September and October, 2023 shall be 44.24% of ‘pay’. While arriving at dearness allowance payable, decimals from third place may please be ignored.
Senior Advisor (HR&IR)
- Bank Dearness Allowance 44.24% – 632 Slabs for Employees (2023)
- 41.16% DA for Bank Employees from Feb 2023
- DA from November to January 2023 to Bank Employees – Orders issued
- Dearness Relief to Bank Pensioners from August 2022
- DA for Bank Employees from August 2022 – IBA DA Circular on 1.8.2022
- DA to Bank Employees from August to October 2021
- Dearness Relief (1229.45%) to Bank Pensioners from August 2021
- Dearness Allowance for Bank Employees from May to July 2021 – IBA Circular
- DA for Bank Employees from November 2020
- DA for Bank Employees for the month of November, December 2020 & January 2021