Advances for Medical Treatment Retained | TA, LTC on Tour & Transfer
The Finance Ministry has announced that various advances, such as those for medical treatment, travelling allowance for the family of a deceased person, travelling allowance for tours or transfers, and leave travel concession (LTC) advances, will be retained. This decision has been made to provide financial support to individuals during times of need and to ensure that they are able to manage their expenses effectively. The announcement is likely to bring relief to many individuals who are facing financial challenges due to unexpected situations such as medical emergencies or the loss of a loved one.
Grant of advances – Seventh Pay Commission recommendations – Amendment to Rules of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, 7th October, 2016
Subject: Grant of advances – Seventh Pay Commission recommendations – Amendment to Rules of Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants.
The undersigned is directed to say that in pursuance of the decision taken by the Government on the Seventh Pay Commission’s recommendations relating to advances, all the interest free advances stand discontinued as per attached annexure, with the exception that the interest free Advances for Medical Treatment, Travelling Allowance for family of deceased, Travelling Allowance on tour or transfer and Leave Travel Concession shall be retained.
2. In addition, the advance for training in Hindi through Correspondence Course, which is not mentioned in the Compendium of Rules on Advances to Government Servants, also stands abolished in pursuance of the decision of Government on 7th CPC recommendations.
3. These orders will take effect from the date of issue of this O.M. The cases where the advances have already been sanctioned need not be reopened.
4. In so far as persons serving in Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
5. All Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the amendments to the notice of all its attached and subordinate offices for their information.
Hindi version of this O.M. is enclosed.
Amendments to Compendium of rules on Advances to Government Servants, 2005
S.No. / Name of Advance / Government of India Decision on 7th CPC recommendations
- Bicycle Advance – Abolished
- Warm Clothing Advance – Abolished
- Advance of Pay on Transfer – Abolished
- Festival Advance – Abolished
- Natural Calamity Advance – Abolished
- Advance of Leave Salary – Abolished
- Advance for Law Suits – Abolished
What is the announcement regarding advances for medical treatment, TA on tour or transfer, and LTC?
The government has decided to retain the interest-free advances for medical treatment, travelling allowance for family of deceased, travelling allowance on tour or transfer, and leave travel concession.
Are all interest-free advances discontinued?
Yes, all interest-free advances, except for medical treatment, TA on tour or transfer, and LTC, have been discontinued.
Will the advance for training in Hindi through correspondence course still be available?
No, the advance for training in Hindi through correspondence course has also been abolished.
When will these changes be implemented?
These changes will be effective immediately from the date of the issue of the official memorandum.