7th CPC PCO Allowance to JEs and SSEs – Railway Board Orders dt. 30.7.2018
“This allowance is granted to select staff of Production Control Organization (PCO) in Workshops and PUs of Indian Railways to compensate them for the loss in Incentive Bonus.”
Clarification regarding grant of PCO Allowance to staff of Production Control Organization (JEs/SSEs.) – Railway Board Orders
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
RBE No. 107/2018 No. E(P&A)1-2017/SP-1/WS-1
New Delhi, dated 30.07.2018
The General Managers and Principal Financial Advisers,
All Indian Railways & Production Units.
Sub: Clarification regarding grant of PCO Allowance to staff of Production Control Organization (JEs/SSEs.)
Ref.: Board’s letter No. E(P&A)I-2017/SP-1/WS-1 dated 30.08.2017.
In context of Board’s letter cited above, references have been received in Board’s office from some of the Zonal Railways, seeking clarifications regarding entitlement of PCO Allowance of JEs/SSEs drawing pay in higher pay level (i.e. level 7, 8 and 9) under MACPS rather than the pay level available for respective post. This issue has also been raised in PNM Forum by NFIR as item No. 12/2018.
2. The matter has been examined in Board’s office and it has been observed that MACPS provides for grant of Financial Upgradation to the employees on personal basis and the concerned employees continue to discharge the duties and responsibilities of the post held by them. In view of this, it is clarified that JEs/SSEs of Production Control Organisations though drawing pay in higher pay level under MACPS, are entitled for PCO Allowance at the rates prescribed for the respective post held by them with reference to their substantive basic pay drawn by the concerned JEs/SSEs in level 6 and level 7 respectively.
3.This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Authority: Railway Board
More news about PCO Allowance:
- 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations on PCO Allowance
- The General Secretary/NFIR M. Raghavaiah has explained in the meeting, the views of the Federation on Railways’ specific allowances as below:- (i) PCO Allowance (Serial No. 11 of the chart relating to specific Allowances – Ministry of Railways) – Click to read continue
- Final list of 197 Seventh CPC Allowances
- Categories of 7th CPC Other Allowances
- 7th CPC Allowances: List of Retained / Rationalised Allowances