7th CPC Dress Allowance – Orders issued on 24.8.2017
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, the 24th August 2017
Subject :- Implementation of the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission. – Dress Allowance.
Consequent upon the decisions taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission, in supersession of the existing orders relating to Uniform related Allowances viz. Clothing Allowance, Initial Equipment Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Robe Allowance, Robe Maintenance Allowance, Shoe Allowance, Uniform Allowance and Washing Allowance which have been subsumed in a single Dress Allowance, the President is pleased to decide the rates of Dress Allowance in r/o the following categories of Central Government employees as under:-
|S.No.||Category of employee||Rate per annnum (in Rs.)|
|1.||Special Protection Group (SPG) Operational
Special Protection Group (SPG) Non-operational
|2.||Officers of Army /IAF/Navy/ CAPFs/CPOs RPSF/IPS/ Coast Gurard||20,000/-|
|3.||MNS Officers, Officers of DANIPS/ACP of Delhi Police/ other Union Territories||15,000/-|
|4.||Executive staff of Customs, Central Excise and Narcotics Department (both in summer and summer-cum-winter), Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS) Officers, Legal officers in NIA, Bureau of Immigration Personal (in Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Amritsar, Kolkata and all check points of Bureau of Immigration) PBORs of Defence Services / CAPFs/RPF/Police Forces of Union Territories and Indian Coast Gurard, Station Masters of Indian Railways.||10,000/-|
|5.||Other categores of staff who were supplied Uniforms and are required to wear them regularly like Trackmen, Running staff of Indian Railways, Staff Car Drivers, MTS, Canteen staff of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens, etc.||5000/-|
|6.||Nurses||1800/- per month|
2. Allowances related to maintenance, washing of Uniform are subsumed in Dress Allowance and will not be payable separately.
3. Further categories of staff who were earlier being provided Uniforms, will henceforth not be provided with Uniforms.
4. The amount of Dress Allowance shall be credited to the salary of employees directly once a year in the month of July.
5. This allowance covers only the basic uniform of the employees. Any special clothing like that provided at Siachen-Glacier or inside submarine or fluorescent clothing provided to Trackmen or Indian Railways or to IB personnel posted at high altitudes will continue to be provided by the concerned Ministry as per existing norms.
6. Outfit Allowance, paid to Indian Foreign Service officers and employees will continue to be provided as before, is enhanced by 50%.
7. The rates of Dress Allowance will go up by 25% each time Dearness Allowance rises by 50%
8. These orders shall take effect from 01st July, 2017.
9. Separate orders will be issued by Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs, Department of Revenue, Department of Personnel & Training and Cabinet Secretariat in respect of employees of these Ministries/Departments.
10. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
Hindi version is attached.
(Annie George Mathew)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India
Also Check: Central Government Pay Matrix Table 2022 PDF