No Proposal to Privatise OFB – PIB Report
Govt: Decision of Corporatization (Not Privatization) of Ordnance Factories
Federations: We are opposing the decision of the Govt. to convert the Govt. owned Ordnance Factories into a DPSU.
OFB that it should be functioned as a Departmental Organization like Indian Railways, ISRO and Department of Atomic Energy etc.
BPMS published a press release after issued a clarification given by the Government through PIB on 16.8.2019 on the above subject.
Bharatiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh
(An All India Federation of Defence workers)
REF: BPMS/Cir/18th TC/15
The Office Bearers & CEC Members
Bharatiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh &
The Presidents/ General Secretaries
Unions affiliated to this federation
Subject: Joint Press Statement Issued by the Federations against the misleading Press Release issued by MoD on 16.08.2019.
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
The Joint Circular No. 13/2019 dated 17.08.2019 is enclosed for your kind information and necessary perusal. It is for your kind information that
1) A Press Statement has been issued in PIB on 16.08.2019 wherein it is mentioned that “rumours being spread that OFB is being privatized are misleading and with the intent to mislead the workers. Corporatization of OFB will bring OFB at par with other DPSUs of MoD”.
2) The above statement of MoD is misleading as MoD has already categorised 275 products being manufactured in the Ordnance Factories as non-core and decided to hand over the same to private sector.
Govt of India has established “Indo-Russian Riffles Private Ltd” in which OFB and Russian Company Kalashnikov are partners. These above decisions are nothing but privatization of Ordnance Factories.
3) The Federations are opposing the decision of the Govt. to convert the Govt. owned Ordnance Factories into a DPSU. After conversion of OFB into a DPSU, it has to compete with the private sector in getting the workload from the Armed Forces.
4) The decision of Corporatization (Not Privatization) of Ordnance Factories will have cascading effect on the establishment as well as the employees and lead to privatization of Ordnance Factories eventually.
5) The Federations demand to the Govt regarding OFB that it should be functioned as a Departmental Organization like Indian Railways, ISRO and Department of Atomic Energy etc.
Further, Unions may approach the Contractors/ Unions of Contract Workers
requesting them to extend all support and cooperation by not attending the Factory as a solidarity action.