CSD Car Purchase Procedure and Eligibility with Documentation 2021 – PDF Download
Eligibility for purchasing of Car or Bike through CSD
Procedure to Buy a Car from CSD Canteen
All Ranks (serving retired) of Armed Forces are eligible for purchasing AFD items like Refrigerator, Television, Washing Machine, Music System, and other household durable goods.
Eligibility and other conditions for Purchase of Bike and Scooter
- All ranks (serving retired)
- Widows of service personnel (including remarried)
- The eldest child of the deceased service personnel, if he is not survived by his wife, provided the under mentioned conditions are fulfilled :
- If a son, he should be between 18 to 25 years of age and should not be in Service or commercially employed.
- If a daughter, she should be unmarried.
Restriction Entitled category of persons should not have drawn brought any of the above items within the last two years. Further, an undertaking is to be given by the entitled purchaser that he/she shall not sell the vehicle for two years from the date of purchase.
Entitlement to Cars
The following categories of personnel who are authorized CSD facilities are also entitled to purchase four-wheelers.
All Commissioned / Honorary Commissioned Officers (serving/retired).
Widows of Service Officers.
- Equivalent status of Civilian Officers / Officers of CSD. However, they will have to pay sales tax as applicable in the respective State.
- All GREF Officers (serving / retired)
- All SSC and EC Officers who have put in five years of reckonable service before release.
- One of the parents i.e. either the father or the mother of unmarried deceased officers.
- Either of the officer’s children, if both the parents have died and the child is drawing pension from Defence Estimates.