Clarification as FAQ by DOPT on Child Care Leave
G.I., Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.No.13018/1/2010-Estt.(Leave), dated 30.12.2010
Child Care Leave to Central Government employees
The undersigned is directed to say that subsequent tu issue of this Department OM of even number dated 07/09/2010, this Department has been receiving references from various Departments, seeking clarifications. The doubts raised are clarified as under:-
1. Whether Earned Leave availed for any purpose can be converted into Child Care Leave?
How should applications where the purpose of availing leave has been indicated as ‘Urgent Work’ but the applicant claims to have utilized the leave for taking care of the needs of the child, be treated
Child Care Leave is sanctioned to women employees having minor children, for rearing or for looking after their needs like examination, sickness etc. Hence Earned Leabe availed specifically for this purpose only should be converted.
2. Whether all Earned Leave availed irrespective ol’number of days i.e. less than 15 days, and number of spells can be converted?
In cases where the CCL spills over to the next year (for example 30 days CCL from 27th December), whether the Leave should be treated as one spell or two spells’?
No. As the instructions contained in the OM dared 7.9.2010 has been given retrospective effect, all the conditions specified in the OM would have to be fulfilled for conversion of the Earned Leave into Child Care Leave. In cases where the leave spills over to the next year, it may be treated as one spell against the year in which the leave commences.
3. Whether those who have availcd Child Care Leave for more than 3 spells with less than 15 days can avail further Child Care Leave for the remaining period of the current year’?
No. As per the OM of even number dated 7.9.2010, Child Care Leave inay not be granted in more than 3 spells. Hence CCL may not be allowed Inore than 3 tinles irrespective of the number of
daya or times Child Care Leavc has been availcd earlier. Past cases may not be reopened.
4. Whether LTC can be availed during Child Care Leave?
LTC cannot be availed during Child Care Lcave as Child Care Leave is granted for the specific purpose of taking care of a minor child for rearing or for looking after any other needs of the child during examination, sickness etc.
List of orders issued by DOPT on Child Care Leave
- Introduction of Child Care Leave in respect of Central Government employees – Dopt Orders issued on 11.9.2008
- Grant of Child Care Leave to women Government employees – Clarification issued by DOPT
- CCL cannot be demanded as a matter of right – Dopt
- Deduction of Child Care Leave – Confusion clarified by Dopt on 2.12.2008
- Dopt delete the condition of ‘No EL’ at her credit for Child Care Leave
- Clarification as FAQ by DOPT on Child Care Leave
- Permit Child Care Leave to women employees with disabled children upto the age of 22 years – Dopt Orders on 3.3.2010
- Minimum Period of 15 days for availing CCL – Removal order issued by DOPT on 5.6.2014