Pay Fixation in the New Pay Structure as per 7th Pay Commission
Pay Fixation Rules in 7th Pay Commission
What is Initial Pay Fixation?
When an employee joining in Central Government Services, the initial pay fixation has been done for determining the first-month salary. The new pay fixation on initial as per rule 7 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016.
How to fix Pay Fixation on Promotion?
When an employee gets promotion his pay will be fixed as per the method of calculation prescribed by the rule 13 of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules.
How to fix Pay Fixation on Increment?
When an employee is eligible for annual or promotional increment, his pay will be fixed as per the latest revised pay rules.
How to fix Pay Fixation on Pay Commission?
When an employee in service, new pay commission recommendations is eligible for him and his pay will be revised as per the recommendations of the new pay commission.
Fitment Benefit (1.86) Calculation in 6th CPC – Click to read detailed report
7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Formula
Method of Fixation of Pay as per 7th CPC
- Point 1: Multiple current basic pays (as on 31.12.2015) with fitment factor of 2.57 and rounded off to next rupee
- Point 2: Find the Pay Matrix Level accordance with the Grad Pay
- Point 3: Match the value of Point 1 with the eligible Pay Matrix Level pay hierarchy (equal or higher value)
- Point 4: The selected value is the revised pay as on 1.1.2016
Pay fixation rules have been changed after implementation of the 7th pay commission. The new rules adopted to all categories of Central Government employees will be regulated as per Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules 2016.
Pay Fixation Example
An employee ‘T’ in GP 4200, drawing pay of Rs. 20,000 in PB-2. The Basic Pay is Rs. 24,200 (20,000+4200). After multiplying by 2.57, the amount fetched viz., Rs. 62,194 would have been located in Level 6 and T’s pay would have been fixed in Level 6 at Rs. 62,200.
Fitment Factor for CG Employees
The uniform Fitment factor of 2.57 is being proposed to be applied uniformly for all employees. It includes a factor of 2.25 on account of DA neutralisation, assuming that the rate of Dearness Allowance would be 125 per cent at the time of implementation of the new pay. [Para 5.1.27 in 7th CPC Report]
Dopt Orders on Pay Fixation
The Department of Personnel and Training issued orders and circulars from time to time in various situations regarding the pay fixation on promotion or MACP to Central Govt employees. Click to view all Dopt orders circulars
Fitment Factor for Defence Personnel
The starting point of a Sepoy (and equivalent), the entry-level personnel in the defence forces, has been fixed in the Defence Pay Matrix at Rs.21,700. The fitment in the new matrix is essentially a multiple factors of 2.57. This multiple is the ratio of the new minimum pay arrived at by the Commission (Rs.18,000) and the existing minimum pay (Rs.7,000). The fitment factor is being applied uniformly to all employees. An identical fitment of 2.57 has also been applied to the existing rates of Military Service Pay (MSP), applicable to Defence forces personnel only [Para 5.2.7 in 7th CPC Report]
Fixation of Pay on promotion in 7th Pay Commission
Staff Side suggestion
Fixation of Pay on promotion: In the case of Promotion from one grade to another in the revised pay structure, the fixation is presently done as under:-
(a) One increment equal to 3% of the sum of the Pay in Pay Band and Grade Pay will be computed and rounded off to the multiple of 10. This will be added to the existing Pay in the Pay Band.
(b) However, the Pay so fixed must not be less than the minimum of the Pay Band to which he is promoted.
Staff Side suggestion in detail – Click to read full story
Rationalization Applied in the Present Pay Structure
7th CPC Pay Fixation Tables
Pay Fixed on the Date of Promotion or Date of Next Increment
Ready reckoner table for fixation of pay on promotion
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 1 to 2
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 2 to 3
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 2 to 4
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 4 to 5
- VII Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 5 to 6
7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Calculators
Top developments on pay fixation
- Pay Fixation on Promotion under Rule 13 of CCS (RP) Rules 2016 February 22, 2020
- Fixation of Initial Pay of Nursing Cadre with Fixation Table February 15, 2020
- Opportunity to Revision of Option to Come Over to CCS (RP) Rules 2016 February 7, 2020
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation on Transfer to a lower post under FR 15(a) October 6, 2019
- 3rd PRC Pay Fixation Principles for CPSE Executives – Orders with Pay Fixation Examples October 1, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Promotion and MACP Pay Fixation September 17, 2019
- Fixation of Pay in the Revised Pay Structure to Running Staff August 29, 2019
- Clarification on Grant of Non-functional Scale to Group B Officers in Pay Matrix Level-11 August 18, 2019
- Latest 7th Pay Commission Updates on Pay Fixation August 18, 2019
- Anomaly in fixation of pay of Chief Loco Inspectors in Railways August 18, 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Methodology – Detailed report with 2 Illustrations July 29, 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Revision of Option for Railway Employees July 29, 2019
- Top 20 Updates on 7th CPC Pay Fixation July 29, 2019
- 7th Pay Commission News: Important Clarification on Pay Fixation in Revised Pay Scales June 12, 2019
- Option for Fixation of Pay on Promotion from DNI – Clarification Orders April 22, 2019
- Anomaly in Pay Fixation on Promotion in New Pay Scale – DoP March 29, 2019
- 7th CPC Pay fixation – Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS March 2, 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation – Clarification on Regular Promotion after MACP February 27, 2019
- 7th CPC Bunching of Pay – Point of Doubts and Clarification February 9, 2019
- 7th CPC Fixation of Bunching of Pay – Finmin orders with Illustrations February 9, 2019
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation on Bunching – Clarification Orders issued by Finmin February 8, 2019
- Pay Fixation on Appointment in Personal Staff of Ministers – DoPT February 7, 2019
- Fixation of Pay on Non-Functional Upgradation – Some Illustrations December 18, 2018
- Benefit of Protection of Pay – Fixation Detail Table December 17, 2018
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation: Online Discussion Comments December 16, 2018
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation:Opportunity to Revise Option – Finmin Orders Dt. 12.12.2018 December 14, 2018
- Internal Financial Advisor (Level 13 in Pay Matrix) – DoPT December 6, 2018
- Eligibility Criteria for Pay Matrix Level 14 – DoPT Orders dt. 29.10.2018 December 6, 2018
- Fixation of Pay with An Extra Increment under Rule 13 RP Rules – RBE 175/2008 November 22, 2018
- Fixation of Pay on Promotion between 1.1.2016 and Date of Notification issue – NC JCM Staff Side November 6, 2018
- Stepping Up of Pay-Consolidated Guidelines – Dopt Orders dated 26.10.2018 October 26, 2018
- How to Calculate Pay for Defence Personnel? – Formula for Fixation of Pay October 23, 2018
- Grant of Entry Pay as per Finmin Order dated 28.9.2018 October 9, 2018
- Option for Re-Fixation of Pay on MACPS – NFIR October 4, 2018
- DoPT Orders 2018: Allowed to Re-Exercise the Option for Fixation of Pay under FR 22(l)(a)(1) August 29, 2018
- Grant of Benefit of Pay Fixation at Time of Promotion to Inspector Posts August 27, 2018
- Exercising of Option for Fixation of Pay – Finmin Clarification May 19, 2018
- Re-fixation of pay of Running Staff in 7th CPC pay level – NFIR April 3, 2018
- Option for Fixation of Pay on Promotion from the Date of Next Increment – MoD Order dated 22.3.2018 March 25, 2018
- Option for Pay Fixation in Revised Pay Scale: Confederation March 17, 2018
- Review of Pay fixation of DR ASOs appointed after 01.01.2006 February 6, 2018
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation for the trainee appointed on compassionate grounds in the -1S Scale September 25, 2017
- Revised methodology for fixing the pay of Running Staff – Pay Fixation Tables August 23, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Anomaly: Anomaly in the Fitment Factor in Index rationalisation July 6, 2017
- Seeking of Clarification regarding Option & Pay Fixation in 7th CPC – BPMS July 1, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrices and Option for Pay Fixation – NFIR discussed with Railway Board June 22, 2017
- Incorrect fixation of pay for Pharmacist – NFIR June 6, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation : Clarification regarding exercise of option under Rule 5 May 19, 2017
- Fixation of pay as per 7th CPC to State Government Employees on their appointment in Central Government May 11, 2017
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix Pay Fixation – Option for Railway Employees April 24, 2017
- Rounding off the amount of increment to next multiple of 10 for the year 2006, 2007 & 2008 – CGDA Orders April 24, 2017
- Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS subsequent to the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations – reg. April 11, 2017
- Bunching of stages in the Revised pay structure – Clarification order issued by DoPT April 4, 2017
- Fixation of pay on promotion or MACP as per 7th CPC March 31, 2017
- 7th CPC Observation on linkage between RFD and APAR March 31, 2017
- Bunching of stages in the Revised pay structure in the grade of Assistant Section Officers – DoPT Orders February 28, 2017
- Training Equipment Operator Pay Level-5 of Pay Matrix – Draft RR February 10, 2017
- Central Secretariat employees seek pay parity August 18, 2016
- NFIR write to Railway Board to settle the issue of stepping up of pay of Seniors drawing less pay than the Juniors April 13, 2016
- Flaws in Pay Matrix of 7th CPC: Less benefit on grant of Promotional Pay Scale i.r.o. Next Pay Scale January 19, 2016
- Taking Leave on 1-1-2016 will affect the effective date of Pay Revision December 21, 2015
- Fixation of Pay on Promotion of pre-revised merged pay scales between 1.1.2006 and date of notification of CCS(RP)Rules 2008 October 16, 2015
- Clarification regarding fixation of pay of re-employed ex-servicemen pensioners retiring before attaining age of 55 years September 23, 2015
- Clarification regarding stepping up of pay of senior PAs of CSSS – Dopt Order August 28, 2015
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to the employees who retired before 1.1.2006 August 10, 2015
- Stepping Up of Pay: DOPT Clarification orders issued on 25.5.2015 May 27, 2015
- Stepping up of pay of direct recruit Assistants at par with promoted UDC – Dopt Clarification on 25.5.2015 May 26, 2015
- Pay Fixation with one additional increment is admissible to those promoted to identical Pay Band / Grade Pay April 4, 2015
- Clarification regarding Pay fixation on grant of Non-Functional Upgradation January 14, 2015
- Fixation of pay of State Government Employees on their appointment in Central Government, subsequent to implementation of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 August 28, 2014
- Regular Promotion for Central Govt Employees – MACP Upgradation and Pay Fixation March 20, 2014
- Rounding off the amount of Increment to next multiple of 10 February 27, 2014
- MoD clarifies the fixation of pay on direct recruitment by UPSC February 9, 2014
- Fixation of pay on promotion to a post carrying higher duties and responsibilities but carrying the same grade pay February 3, 2014
- Dopt issued orders on fixation of Pay of Assistants of CSS in the Revised Pay structure as per the CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 – Clarification regarding. January 3, 2014
- Clarification on Fixation of pay on direct recruitment by UPSC October 31, 2013
7th Pay Commission Other Topics
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Scale Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission Salary Calculator 2019
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation Calculator
- 7th Pay Commission DA Rates Table
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Fixation
- 7th Pay Commission MACP Scheme
- 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Transport Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Increment
- 7th Pay Commission House Rent Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Classification of Posts
- 7th Pay Commission LTC Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Leave Rules
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission House Building Advance
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Fitment Table
- 7th Pay Commission Advances
- 7th Pay Commission CGEGIS
- 7th Pay Commission Risk & Hardship Allowances
FAQ related to 7th CPC Fitment Factor
Question: How is the fitment factor calculated after the 7th pay commission?
Answer: The 7th pay commission recommended the fitment factor as 2.57. The fitment factor is the important figure to convert the basic salary from 6th CPC to 7th CPC as on 1.1.2016.
Question: How do you calculate salary with fitment factor in 7th CPC?
Answer: After the implementation of the 7th pay commission, the old basic pay multiplies with the fitment factor 2.57 and match the basic salary in the pay matrix table according to their pay level.
Question: How calculated the fitment factor in the 7th CPC?
Answer: The percentage of Dearness Allowance as of December 2015 was 125%. The 7th CPC recommended to raise 14.29% and fixed fitment factor as 2.57.
Question: How can I revise my basic salary in 7th pay commission?
Answer: Revision of new salary in 7th pay commission is based on pay matrix table. Multiply your basic pay with a fitment factor of 2.57. And match the figure (equal or higher) according to your pay level in pay matrix table.